Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Ok, this should seem pretty basic but I am looking for some details on the functionilty based on this topology.Core - Distribution - Access approach. vlan 10 is trunked all the way to the access layer as well.Core has 10.0.0.1 (SVI vlan 10)Dist. has ...

Resolved! EBGP

hello,does anybody have any advice regarding this problem? we have an EBGP-Session. under normal circumstances i believe that a route from an ebgp-neighbor is not send out to this neighbor again. but in our scenario this happens:Router#show ip bgp vp...

Heinz Kern by Level 1
  • 15 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi, SFP port of WS-C3750G-24TS support 10g or not? and please also inform me any other gigabit switch which has upto 4 10g ports.

Ok.  So this probably is a dumb question but I am going to ask it anyway.Can you connect 2 switches on the same vlan as access ports?for exsw 1port 10 is on vlan 12sw 2 port 10 is also on vlan 12port 10 on both switches connect as uplinks.

lkadlik by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

My new 4510r-e swtch came with two WS-X4748-RJ45V+E  in slot 1 and 2 and sup7-E in slot 5 and 6.Can I populate the rest of the slots with WS-X4648-RJ45V+E modules or do I have to go with the 4748 modules?Or since the two sups are 7E do i need to use ...

gscalia01 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,In our organization there are two each server (eg. A,B & C,D & E,F) which are sync and having direct internet connectivity are accessible from internet users.My management planning put firewall between internet and server.servers should be connect...

Hello Experts,I configured dell san and connected with switch port for iscsi traffic. On dell, I can see the mtu value is by default set 9000 so please confirm if I need to do some other configuration on switch apart of VLAN and port assignment in sa...

ray_stone by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have two C6509 (SXI9) deployed as HSRP active and standby routers with SVIs configured on both.Also IBGP is configured between then over the SVIs.During the active router failure, the HSRP converges faster and the standby becomes active.However ...

Hello,I've a strange behavior with 2 new 4500X.Please see my basic network topologyWhen 192.168.80.253 is shutdown 192.168.80.252 can ping 192.168.80.251 :switchA#ping 192.168.80.251 source 192.168.80.252Type escape sequence to abort.Sending 5, 100-b...

pboegli77 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there,We are thinking to upgrate our speed with the comcast 50Mb connection and I wonder if there is a way to connect comcast cable directly into the cisco router 2921 avoiding comcast modem. As far as I know comcast modems are not very...