Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,we have two 6509E which are configured in VSS mode with the following modules in each:  1   48  CEF720 48 port 10/100/1000mb Ethernet    2    8  DCEF2T 8 port 10GE                       3    4  CEF720 4 port 10-Gigabit Ethernet       5    5  Su...

Hello guys,I have some questions regarding a particular STP topology. This is related to 802.1d protocol.The topology is as bellow:I have shutdown the port between R2 and R1, so temporarily R2 has lost its root port.In this particular case, because o...

Hi,The Cisco 3600 series (3640) is hanged during booting proccess,the IOS is decompressed, but after some text it hanges and I even cannot go to user exec. I try the ROMmon and bypassing the config setting,but the result is still the same. any sugges...

Hi All,Need an urgent help, does cisco switch 3560 or 3750 supports MC-LAg ? if yes, then on what IOS? if no, then what are the devices which supports MC-lag?Thanks, Vikas

Hi guys need to validate something.I have two vlans i. One switch port one for voice and 1 for dataThe configuration is just a basic switch port access vlan 10 and switch port voice vlan 20. With auto qos. The physical connection is switch port >cisc...

dsolangon by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I have a 6509 and have purchased a Sup32 and WS-C6K-9SLOT-FAN2 (to replace the standard tray - WS-C6K-9SLOT-FAN).Unfortunately when I try and slot the new tray in, there is a 1 - 2mm gap at the bottom and it doesn't connect with the back plane...

JakeT1991 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm becoming a real pest on here, haha. I have a number of 3560CG-8PC-S switches. My intention for them is to act as kind of gateway L3 switches - one for each satellite site. My thinking was simply to have an L3 device at the gateway to each of thos...

In the exams there are usually questions similar like "Which IP addresses are valid for hosts belonging to the 10.1.1.160/28 subnet" for this kind of problem I usually calculate the network and the broadcast address by adding the number 16 in this ca...

pezhmankh by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,   I encountered an issue while trying to boot Catalys WS-C4948-S switch. I power on the switch and I'm able to see the boot messages thourgh serial console cable. But it gets stuck at line "Image text-base: 0x1000000, data-base: ..... ". Also ...

TonnyRomm by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! rstp scenaio

Hi everybody  sw1f1/1------------------------------------f1/2sw2We just power on our two switches above.Sw2 happens to send first bpdu.Let suppose sw2 sends a bpdu claiming itself to be root,  with proposal bit set, port role as " designated" port st...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes