Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,I've been tasked to come up with a design to segment our internal network to reduce broadcast domain size.  In addition, we are running out of DHCP available DHCP addresses.  I need to have a solution that will give me more available IP's, but ...

Afternoon Everybody,I'm trying to place an SLM2008 between 2 switches, ie..Internet<------>Core<---->24portSwitch1<--->SLM2008<----->24portSwitch2<----->More LANWhat I want to do on the SLM2008:Port 1 = Trunk (pass all vlans/data)Ports 2 & 3 = VLAN 1...

Hello,I've got a 3750E switch which should have 64M flash memory, but it only shows me about 55M by show version command.Does anyone know where the 9M memory is? What is used for?Thanks.3750E#dir flash:Directory of flash:/    2  -rwx        3096   Ma...

godspeeds by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI've an issue with my archive configuration, this cofiguration was working until the file number 14 was saved on my ftp server, but I see that after the file numer 15 exist an issue for save it. How can I resolve this problem? I've deleted the comp...

maucapina by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I have cisco 1801W . Earlier I am using ADSL dynamic IP address  on RJ 11  through the ADSL Port but now the ISP change the connection to RJ45.I am trying to configure it but unable to do this. ADSL line is okay because When I am connecting throu...

Hi everybodyI have few questions about cisco " high end " routers.  First of all , what are some cisco high end routers?  What roles do these routers perform in our network?thanks and and have a nice week.

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Nexus 2248 - 6509?

I am completely new to Nexus and we are currently running a 6509 VSS core with 3750's in the racks.I have another rack with an HPC7000, NetApps and 2 x Nexus 2248's I have been asked to connect the 2248's to the 6509?Now I believe these switches to b...

Guys,We are deploying our 3560x estate to update our 3550's - we've got a f0 interface at the back of the switch and I assume this is for OOB management purposes - this is something we'd like to take advantage of, I was just wondering how you guys do...

Resolved! VACL on Switch

Hello Experts...I was reading about VACL where I understand we can use VACL to permit/deny the traffic on particlular V-LAN. I have some concerns stated below so please answer them:On L3 Switch, we can assign the IP Address to V-LAN (Suppose the V-LA...

ray_stone by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

All,We have a large switch Network running RPVST with a variety of Cisco swicthes we plan to add few Dell switches 8024F running RSTP,we want Cisco switches running RPVST to be the root bridge.As RSTP on Dell / RPVST on Cisco do not get that well wit...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card