Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Suppose in company, there are 9 departments . The LAN is segmented with 5 routers (Subnets). If I create a DHCP Pool Range in Windows server 2008 , Will it assign IP Addresses to All the hosts of all five segments . Given we choose Class B Ip adressi...

Hi all,I am a newb at this and was hoping someone could help lift the shroud.  I have a WS-C4507R-E switch.  The current SW Ver. on it is 12.2(53)SG4-IP-BASE-CRYPTO.  I have been tasked with making sure all of our switches and routers have the most c...

Hi,i need to port channel a server (4 1 gig ports) to nexus 2k connected to nexus 7k. right now the nexus 2k are running on a single fex to 1 nexus 7k (even though we have two nexus 7k's)so nexus 7k|        |          |        |2k1    2k2i teamed the...

Hi, i amn working for a customer on an enterprise site containing many 6509's. We have built a test environment and upgraded a chassis from sup720 running 12.2(18)SXF15 to VS-S2T-10Gb running 12.2(50)SY on the management card.I have noticed and so ha...

tjames2 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey guys Currently I need to implement a redundancy scheme consists of two roads one primary and one secondary, basically the idea is that if you drop the primary traffic go by the secondary This is the first time I do something like this, so I'm loo...

Hi everybody,we have a cisco catalyst switch ws-c6509 which we have upgraded the IOS.Anytime we switch on the switch, few seconds after it will shut down again. what could be the possible cause of this? could it be the upgrade that we have done?pleas...

rahman001 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! CCNA 3 - VLANS

Hey, im currently studying a network engineering degree and i have been given an assignment on VLANS, i have a question for you guys...I have 4 Vlans in the design and a requirement is that an Network manager requires access to every server within th...

holtie388 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can someone tell me what the priorities should be i'm going to configure Nexus switches within the same VPC domain.But what should the vpc priorities be.I have2 Nexus 7010's = VPC domain 300, priority 100, 1104 Nexus 5510's  = VPC domain 300, priorit...

Having realised the limitations with the 2248's I now have a pair of 5548's and looking for some guidance on configuring them. What is the best way to connect them together as a pair?I then need to setup a VPC to a pair of 6509's running VSS In at th...

I purchased several Cisco 2811 with Advanced IP Services - they are version 12.2.XThe product number looked like this CISCO2811-HSEC/K9    2811 Bundle w/AIM-VPN/SSL-2,Adv IP Serv,10 SSL lic,128F/512DI need to upgrade the IOS to version 15.1 - Do I re...

keanej by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,Simple scenario really. I have three switches connected to one another via trunks in line (not triangulated). The first switch is the root for all vlans which are all trunked to the third switch via the second. If I switch off the third switch ...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card