Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I need to add another SUP engine on Cat 4507R switch, with a new one. I have old SUP engine running in this switch. Sometime this switch is reloaded without any reason. So we want to add another sup engine for redundancy. Can anyone help me know t...

aminulnt by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Overarching question: Does anyone know where Cisco publishes detailed specs for power cords?  Equipment-side connector, wall-side connector, length, amp rating, AWG.Specific Question:  Does anyone know what 208V datacenter PDU-destined power cords Ci...

I would like to present this question and take a survey of others' experience.How often have you run into a data center switching environment that takes a multivendor approach? At least for now, I want to put aside the notion of deploying one vendor ...

visitor68 by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm a recent Grad and just started to work for a cloud provider.  The Senior Engineer gave me a project and thought this would be a good place to start to get some help.  We have a Cisco 6513 Switch.  During some parts of the day it is having large a...

Today in my rush to get home I plugged in a new 2960 stack and did a little bit of very basic configuration, but no passwords were set.  I tried to telnet in and the message says that a password is required, but none is set.  I tried the SDM as I had...

Ed Willson by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

yesterday I inherited a problem in that no-one knows how to access our router that handles IP addressing and wireless service for our customers. I need access to this router in order to change the wireless passwords.

Hello,i'm performing configuration PBR on catalyst 4503, but it doesn't work. Here is the configuration and basic diagram:                                                                         --> Router 3845 (10.4.30.20)Server(10.4.28.60)--> ASA55...

mr Anh by Level 1
  • 21 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 4 6509 boxes running Cisco IOS Software, s3223_rp Software (s3223_rp-IPBASEK9-M), Version 12.2(33)SXI5, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2).Two of tem have rebooted by itself. Cisco IOS Software, s3223_rp Software (s3223_rp-IPBASEK9-M), Version 12.2(33)SXI...

Resolved! Understanding ARP

Hi,I Have a query. The issue is that I am trying to understand how ARP works. For this I took packet captures. in the capture files I found that the ARP request is broadcast, however the reply from the peer is always a unicast.Can anybody help me und...