Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello all,I am currently studying for my CCNA and have only got as far as Switching in CCENT - I have been put into a very difficult situation and need to configure what I would assume to be a simple network with a Cisco 877  and given my experience ...

Hello, I have problems in the following scenario. I attached an image with a summary diagram of the network in question.The  problem is that on the 3rd floor of the site users connect via wireless  fail to connect and receive an IP. But they can not ...

I have a cisco 1841 running on a 10Mbps Metro-E connection. I recently signed an agreement for a 100Mbps Metro-E. I am wondering if I will need to purchase a new router to support this new connection or will my 1841 be able to handle the traffic.

TheZman78 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to setup the WOL for our enterprise. We have a C4500 setup with mutliple Vlans. We are using Microsoft SCCM server to wake up workstations for security update. The workstations are on vlan190 and the Microsoft server is on vlan 441Here's ...

gplouffe by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,i want to know how is this function working on Catalist 2960 Lan Base. I want to use this function instead STP.Networks structure:Core SW (trunking vlan 1,550)-------------pop switch (acces vlan 550)--------------Client`s 2960(Vlan 1,550)      ...

Hi,we have a core switch 4507RE at the data center and 2 departments that connect to it via 10Gig fiber using X2-LRM modules.Each department  has a 3 switch stack and both locations are identical w.r.t type and setup scenario ..   the stack comprises...

I have this on my firewall facing the internet:router eigrp 120 no auto-summary network 192.168.10.0.0 255.255.255.0 redistribute static metric 1000000 1 255 1 1500and that on my switch behind the firewall:router eigrp 120 network 192.168.10.0 0.0.0....

i have and environment and mpls consists of 2 networks and 8 switches connected to each others, the last three days we are facing a network cut off on all routers and suddenly all routers restarted at morning every day !wondering if anyone can help h...

We have windows servers with Wireshark version 1.41 setup in promiscuous mode, and connected to a CISCO 6500 switch.The ports are setup as switchports with a standard confguration.When we bring up the captuer its capturing all packets even to other h...

jschweng by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,According to official certification guide for CCIE v4, it is written that one of the conditions that 2 routers can become neighbors is "OSPF Hello and Dead timers must be equal".As it is known, the timers can be configured in 2 ways, on interfa...

I have a Cisco 850 router that whas having problems getting an ip address via DHCP. I did some stuff on it but that didn't work, so I rebooted the router to go back to my last saved startup config. When I turned it back on and connected t othe CLI co...

jsandau by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes