cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Labels

Forum Posts

WS-c2924-XL-A

What version of IOS can this use? Or do I have to use the original? The original won't boot and I tried the upgrade to c2900xl-c3h2s-mz.120-5.WC17.binThis is the enterprise version and my understanding is that it will not work on the -A. How can I ob...

Steps to Avoid Spanning tree Loops

Hello Guys,Can you please explain me to how to avoid Spanning tree loops incase any switch misbehaves abnoramally after a reboot or due to a physical loop by connecting addiotional uplink to another switch.Also i would like to know  how STP choose on...

Resolved! Show Module Version (Meaning of Sw1)

Dear All,Can someone please tell me the meaning of Sw1 under both modules shown below?6500#sho mod verMod Port Model              Serial #    Versions--- ---- ------------------ -------------------------------------------------1   24  WS-X6724-SFP   ...

Resolved! STP Behavior

Hey everybody,I have a simple question about Spanning Tree behavior (I use in my LAN the standard STP 802.1d). I want to add a new switch (STP enabled) to the LAN. This switch has a lower priority as the actual Root Bridge and will never become the n...

Resolved! VPC with HSRP and DHCP Relay

HiI have a pair of 7ks acting as layer 3 gateway for voice and data clients. Multiple stacks of 3750s are dual homed to the pair of 7ks in a VPC.DHCP relay is configured on each 7k client vlan interface, pointing to the same DHCP server in the datace...

j-mccarthy by Beginner
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Line 0 CTY showing Noise/Overruns

I am a novice when it comes with Cisco and am currently learning for CCNA and have a question hopefully someone can answer. My home lab consists of 3 switches and 3 routers. Switches are 2950 series and Routers are 2650. I have just setup an AS2511RJ...

smcline06 by Beginner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! spanning tree load balance question

hi all,i have question here for spanning tree load balance  which was in Switching examswitch A configinterface fas0/10spanning tree vlan 1-5 port priority 10switchport mode trunkinterface fas0/12spanning tree vlan 6-10 port priority 10switchport mod...

mahesh18 by Frequent Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

IPBASE 3750x joining a LANBASE 3750x stack?

Is this license mismatch possible?I already have a stack of LANBASE 3750x's and want to add a IPBASE 3750x to it.All IOS versions are identical just the licenses are different.Looking through the logs it appears that the stack ports are shut down soo...

Resolved! Router on stick config test

Router  on stick config Verification Hi all,I did lab test for router  on stick config.this connection was between router and switch with router has no connection to internet,i am pasting my config from both switch and router to make sure it is cor...

mahesh18 by Frequent Contributor
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes