Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,I have two Cisco video conferencing devices that are located in different locations, I need to know what is the best practice when configuring vlans for this two video network devices to communicate with each other.  Should I just put them on t...

Hi All,Today we were asked to install autonomous (Standalon) Access Point (AP1242AG)installation remotely with a technician help at onsite.The AP was fresh and out of the box with factory default settings.When the technician tried to connect to the A...

Hi,It's a theoritical question.Suppose a CE with a L2 switch (a client switch at the border of the client site, with WAN interfaces). Is it possible to modify in the L2 switch the VLAN number to go from LAN to WAN, without to crossing through a route...

hostettle by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelloI have the intension to secure EoMPLS connetions with MACsec. MACsec encrypt the 802.1q header. But this information is necessary for the provider.I think 802.1Q tunneling can help by this problem. Does anyone have experience with MACsec and EoM...

plingg by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I have a 4948 device that is running at very high CPU:CPU utilization for five seconds: 90%/16%; one minute: 89%; five minutes: 85%5Sec   1Min   5Min TTY Process66.39% 65.04% 59.44%   0 Cat4k Mgmt LoPriI have followed the 'High CPU on 4500' chass...

halsteadj by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I'm trying to figure what commands would generate the following output in run config: (IOS 12.2(58)SE1:crypto pki trustpoint TP-self-signed-2184062208 enrollment selfsigned subject-name cn=IOS-Self-Signed-Certificate-2184062208 revocation-check no...

forman102 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is the WS-CE500-24PC Cicso Swtich SIP Compatible? We have some VOIP phones in our office, and we are considering making a switch to a different telecom service provider, but need to understand if our equipment is capable of SIP.Thanks for your help!

chadder13 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I'm using Cisco Catalyst 3560 as DHCP server at remote sites. I have an AD which is DNS too at my main station.I would like to know if someone knows how to make reverse register DNS (PTR) automatically when my hosts get IPs from the Cisco DHCP ser...

Hello all,Currently our system is using RPR+ instead of SSO.   After doing some research I can't find any info for my concerns.  What I  would like to know is whether or not changing from RPR+ to SSO on a  production switch will have any impact on it...