Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi All,so i was woundering if you have a phone connected to a switch via a trunk link and using the native vlan so that a client could connect to the network via the phone's client port. what would happen if you connected the phones client port to th...

hi,    topology is here     65sup720----vss---45---35---35     65sup720 works as vtp server mode,   VSS works as vtp transparent mode.   45.,35 works as vtp client mode.      we found vtp pruning works is weird on 45 switch. vss has vlan 100 ,45 35 l...

fly by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there,I'm having a bit of a struggle here, I'm hoping somebody can help me out.  I've trawled the site for days trying to find a solution but no joy so far.Here's the story.  Our company received a load of secondhand kit in many various states, mo...

bpurdon124 by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is it possible to configure the same VRRP group number on a different physical interface or VLAN interface on the same L3 switch?  I am looking at configuring more than 255 VRRP groups per L3 switch pair (i.e. two 6500's).

Hi -I feel stupid writing this and I am not sure I am even in the correct place.I have really messed up my 871 (non wireless) and I dont know what to do with it to fix it.I was trying to delete SDM Express from my router so I could put CCP Express on...

boeckelr by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am reading one book on ICND1.It begins by telling what Ip address is, its classes.It then tells how a single class A/B/C network can further be subdivided using subnet masks.Without the subnetting, routers just store Network address and the interfa...

Hello.Thanks to the people in this forum, I was able to get inter-vlan routing working.Now, I have a different issue.I have 3 VLANs now, but I need to prevent VLAN2 from accessing servers on VLAN1, but still be able to get to the internet.The problem...

HiWe got  a Scenario and need advicePort 4/1 on a catalyst switch 4506 was configured for vlan 55. Windows team needs to configure Virtual Machine on the same box and use different vlan for each VM. ( i,e - vlan 55,56,57 can be allowed to use on port...

Hi,Pls clarify my below doubts.1. Does VS-C6506E-S720-10G chassis come with Single or Dual Supervisor Engine.2. Can we order additional Supervisor engine for this chassis3. What would be the orderable supervisor engine part numberregards()

secureIT by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,im getting the error " LINECARDMUXBUFFERTOSUPALIGNMENTWRONG " in my cisco 4500 switch. This error is pointing to my 6th slot which is WS-X4648-RJ45V+E (10/100/1000BaseT Premium POE E Series). I tried resetting the module and rebooting the swit...

secureIT by Level 4
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I recently purchased a Cisco 881W router - however, I seem to be having some issues with it saving the running config.  I configure the router and do either a copy run start or write mem, and on reboot it asks if I want to enter initial startup confi...

zbresee08 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes