Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi Guys, I have a network consisting of a L3 3560, 2960's and HP 2650's in a loop. When connecting a new machine up it can take quite a while to get an IP address, I understand this is due to the switch port 'listening' for 30 or so seconds? Is it po...

tomsund11 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is vlan.dat file only created and maintained on the Server switches or also on the Client and Transparent Mode Switches?Best Regards,Daud Parvez.

Hi.Im thinking of using the router Cisco  1921 Multi Service Router for a project of mine. I just have a couple of questions regarding the product.If i want 4 Gigabit interfaces, is it possible with any module? If not, wich module do i need to get 4 ...

I am needing to power an 1142N access point from a closet switch.  This access point has a GB network connection so I need to provide power over a GB poe port.  I have plenty on 10/100 poe switches with extra SPF GB ports but have been told that powe...

pink1205 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

A client switch in a VTP Domain may be recieving VTP Advertisements from multiple Servers. How does it decide which Server's VTP information it should store/implement ? Does it stores the highest Revision No. of the  server it has recieved ? If yes w...

so I know that v4 doesn't but does the new NX-OS support switching/routing between VLANs?  if I anchored 2 VLANs at SVIs on the 5010 does the new NX-OS have any ability to pass traffic between them, or do I still have to leave the 5010 and head for m...

neharris by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear  allplease I want  to copy image to router 2811 flash  but there is problemand when I try to fromat  the flash  an error  as the following  show :Router#format  flash:Format operation may take a while. Continue? [confirm]Format operation will de...

Resolved! poe requirements

Hi all 1)i m using POE to provide power supply for cisco access points .  however they are connected using CAT6 as they are approximately 250 - 350 meters away from the switch .will the access points get sufficient power , the reason i m asking  is d...

We know that if a switch in VTP Server Mode recieves a VTP message from another VTP Server in the same domain, in which the Revision No. is greater than it's own it will overwrite it's VLAN information with the one recieved .What will happen if a VTP...

Hi, am not sure whether it is a problem or by design...I have a stack 2xWS-C2960S-48FPD-LIf am adding 1gig sfp to master switch port gig1/0/49 - 50 it shows up under "sh inv".But if am adding sfp on the slave switch - it is not showing up !? If you b...

VTP is operative on all CISCO Switches by default. Every CISCO Switch is a member of the default NULL VTP Domain. When a Switch is connected to an existing network, it learns the domain from the VTP Advertisements and configures it. Now the question ...