Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a SGE2000 switch and have two VLAN's created.  One is for my managed computers on a domain, and the other all other uncontroller computers such as laptops, etc.  I have a network printer that I would like to be accessible from both VLAN's.How ...

I have a switch that is connected back to our core and it only has a single VLAN configured VLAN 1)(management VLAN).  We have a few servers conneced to it on a private network (i.e, completely separate IP scheme from our infrastructure).  I need to ...

ALIAOF_ by Level 6
  • 15 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,   What are the best practices for adding a 3750x to 2 stacked 3750g's. Do I need to power down both switches first and then add the powered-off 3750x? or can I move the cables one at a time? Any counsel would be greatly appreciated.           ...

HiI'm trying setup a Multicast GRE Tunnel between two sites, similar to this Cisco doc:http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk828/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801a5aa2.shtmlHave a few questions:1. We've been assigned a Multicast IP from our I...

mduhra by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,What is the best practice to segment off the servers vlan.There have been some discussions where we have been suggested to.... may be put a firewall in the front of core switches and have all traffic go through that.How realistic is this given...

HiI have a pair of new 2960S-48TS-L switches which have the new USB console connector on them as well as the usual RJ45 type.I thought I'd try the USB out so I got myself a USB to MiniUSB cable and downloaded the driver from CCO.It worked straight of...

matloweBE by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Chaps,I currently have 6 switches, 2 x 2960G are the distribution switches and 4 x 2960 as the access switches, each of the access switches have redundant 2GB uplinks.  I currently run only 2 VLAN's (which span end to end unfortunately) through the s...

Hello,I would know: It would be possible to implement in a Catalyst 6500, when a packet reaches with destination IP address 10.2.2.20 is redirected to IP 10.2.2.58 (are servers)Is that possible making some kind of NAT ?Regards,S.

slandeira by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes