Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

HI experts,I have a Cisco 6509E running advipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF8.I have quite a few ports on this device configured with Quality of Service to prioritise VoIP traffic. One of the modules is a WS-X6748-GE-TX that connects a number of remote ...

Hi,I have confusion about STP Root port election on non root bridge switch . I have following topolgy where my switch 3 is act as ROOT bridge , now my problem is that Switch 1 is going to switch 3 thru switch 2 not from switch 4 where is link cost is...

Serial0/0/1 is down, line protocol is down  Hardware is GT96K Serial in async mode  Description: ** MODBUS data From BR-A **  MTU 1500 bytes, BW 9 Kbit, DLY 100000 usec,     reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255  Encapsulation SLIP, loopbac...

Hello,I'm trying to configure some switching here. I have 2900 Router(ios ver 15.0) and put SM Module in that router. I would like to know how to configure that Module to work as a switch? Very Much appreciate your help!Sincerely,Andrew

Andrewkai by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 3845.When I do a "show inventory" i see:Admin-3845#show inventoryNAME: "3845 chassis", DESCR: "3845 chassis"PID: CISCO3845         , VID: V01 , SN: FTX12NAME: "c3845 Motherboard with Gigabit Ethernet on Slot 0", DESCR: "c3845 Motherboard wit...

Has anyone ever seen OSPF automatically change an area on a network argument especially when that area does not exist in the network?Oddly enough I checked online and one Area 64 is related to AA.Do you think whoever designed this protocol was trying...

1.When I install one line card with switch fabric is connect to supervisor engine using CEF ( e.g. WS-X6516A-GBIC ), i want to know the 32Gbps share bus  is work together or don't work at all? total 8Gbps switch fabric channels + 32Gbps (share bus)?2...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card