Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! CEF and RIB???

Hi,I want to know about what is RIB and How its work in routing???If I want insert some specific entry in RIB how I can.Please help and share the tips...

abhi-adte by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Forum,1) Can someone post the output of a "sh platform pm if-numbers" command forWS-C3750X 24-port and 48-port models to see the ASIC mappings ?2) How many ASICs does this switch have ?3) Is the buffer space still 2MB per ASIC ?regards,Geert

gnijs by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Wanna ask about the WLC and AP which connected to Switch with trunk, while i implement the dhcp snooping is it i need to trust the port which connected to WLC and AP.another thing is if the dhcp server is setup in blade server, the switch there is...

i m getting the following error message from my core switch, c3560G.what could be the reason ??no changes were done on the switch these few days.the error pop out suddenly this morning on my syslog serverX-Mailer: Cisco Network Assistant System Messa...

yeow_km by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have two Nexus 7010's in a HSRP setup and we had intermitent packet loss between VLAN's. TAC had us upgrade from 4.1.5e2 to 4.2.1 and all our servers with nic teaming started to posin the arp tables by sending arp requests to the physical addresse...

molinek by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

When the bridges decide which port to block, is it the one that provides the best bpdu on the segment that will forward and the other switch will block?also i have been reading about the max age, how in the bpdu it gets decremented each time its rela...

Hi all,need some help with something.to block hosts joining multicast groups, there are a quite a lot of options, igmp filter profiles, igmp access groups etc.But i was wondering if there is something of similar nature for sources, i dont mean source...

Hi folks. I bought an 871 so that I could use CCP to configure it, not wanting to delve into the mysteries of IOS. However it appears I'll be forced to do so. I lost the login name (though I knew the password) to the 871, which was working well, so I...

wmvbrandt by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes