Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Is there a quick way to block access to one Vlan?I have 6 buildings interconnected by fiber.  I am about to add a new building. For the new building, they should be allowed access to all buildings except building 5 (VLAN 5).Which switch do I put the ...

Resolved! C6509-E Questions

I am building 2 6509-E chassis that will have dual supes with the following modules and I have a few questions about them:VS-S720-10G-CDoes this already come with the MFSC3/PFC3CWS-X6548-GE-45AFDoes this already come with the WS-F6K-AF cardWhat is th...

Resolved! Isolating VLANS

We have IP Rounting enabled on our Cisco 4948.  External access travels through VLAN 100.  We wish to prevent access to our other two internal VLANs which are VLAN 10 and VLAN 20.  I have attempted to ISOLATE VLAN 10 and VLAN 20 from VLAN 100.  Below...

Resolved! 2955 IOS upgrade

I am trying to upgrade the IOS of a 2955 using Cisco Network Assistant 5.5.  I am replacing c2955-i6q4l2-mz.121-22.EA12.bin with c2955-i6k2l2q4-tar.121-22.EA13.tar.  I have done this before, but for some odd reason now the the upgrade keeps failing. ...

We are not sure what is going on here.  Ultimately I may have to post the config for you to give me an answer.  We have a Cisco 4948 and are able to communicate between two networks/two VLANS (172.17.x.x and 192.168.x.x) on our 4948.  We do not have ...

I just observed two switches in the network with different VTP Operating Modes, one is Server the other Transparent.  The VTP Domain Name is the same.  Is there any issues keeping the VTP Operating Modes different? -Manny

Dear all,I am fairly new to the Cisco world and would like your views about capacity planning of our network especially a part that need my attention.Currently we have a core network with a Catalyst 6509 switch with links to multiple buildings. For e...

Malette40 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,1) I have a 2950 switch on my network edge. All customers are coming on a trunk port where only customer VLANs are allowed.2) I need to limit the number of mac-addresses on a particular VLAN to 10.3) No restrictions are allowed on any other VLAN.I...

netops044 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes