Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi folks,running CAT 6513, IOS v12.2(33) (sxh)created 2 trunks interfaces and attempted to add them to an etherchannel.  One of the interfaces continued to drop into an up/down(not connected) state with the following error in the log:Jun  4 16:54:51:...

Resolved! BGP Redistribution

What is the best way to redistribute BGP routes into Eigrp (please see network diagram)I wish to have switch 1 as the primary route and switch 2 as backup only.Please advise.Kind Regards,Colm

colmgrier by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am studying STP for the first time this past 2 weeks. I notice in the Cisco material on the Networking Academy site they call the switches "Root Bridge"I was just curious to know why they are calling it a bridge?It is because it is supplying the in...

Hello,Our environment consists of over 800 access switches and 300+ vlans. We use the 3 layer model; core, distribution, access, with routing done at the core and distribution layers via OSPF.At our old facility we had our core doing all the routing ...

d_ferraro by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello - We've migrating some 2960s to 4948s and apparently copying over the vlan.dat and startup-config doesn't treat the 4948 real well after a reboot.  It's getting memory allocation errors and just loops at booting IOS.  We've since cleared all co...

cbuzzard by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I want to implement a number of virutal machines on one of the servers within the blade server.  I also want the virtual machines to have access to different vlans.  I have configured the Cisco switch that feeds the server interfaces as a layer 2 swi...

sansari by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All:I just want to confirm I understand the VPC Peer-Link correctly.  We have 2 6509 VSS as cores and 2 N5K's using VPC.  If 2 servers were single connected to the N5k on an "orphaned" port (one server on each 5k), how will this traffic flow betwe...

My 3750 switch is not booting and is stuck at the prompt switch:i tried to initialize the flash and load the IOS via the boot command but it gives an error.Is there any xmodem procedure which i can do to load another software

I'm trying to setup interVLAN routing in my 24 port 3560G switch.I used the Cisco Network Assistant to create the VLANs and assign them IP addresses like this:VLAN 1 (default) 192.168.131.254 (the switch address) 255.255.255.0 VLAN 100 192.168.100.1 ...

Hi,We have this problem; 4510R switch not know standby supervisor.Mod  Redundancy role     Operating mode      Redundancy status----+-------------------+-------------------+---------------------------------- 1   Active Supervisor   SSO               ...