Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I want to implement a number of virutal machines on one of the servers within the blade server.  I also want the virtual machines to have access to different vlans.  I have configured the Cisco switch that feeds the server interfaces as a layer 2 swi...

sansari by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All:I just want to confirm I understand the VPC Peer-Link correctly.  We have 2 6509 VSS as cores and 2 N5K's using VPC.  If 2 servers were single connected to the N5k on an "orphaned" port (one server on each 5k), how will this traffic flow betwe...

My 3750 switch is not booting and is stuck at the prompt switch:i tried to initialize the flash and load the IOS via the boot command but it gives an error.Is there any xmodem procedure which i can do to load another software

I'm trying to setup interVLAN routing in my 24 port 3560G switch.I used the Cisco Network Assistant to create the VLANs and assign them IP addresses like this:VLAN 1 (default) 192.168.131.254 (the switch address) 255.255.255.0 VLAN 100 192.168.100.1 ...

Hi,We have this problem; 4510R switch not know standby supervisor.Mod  Redundancy role     Operating mode      Redundancy status----+-------------------+-------------------+---------------------------------- 1   Active Supervisor   SSO               ...

Hi,Just want to inquire what the "ION Routing Process" means when I do a show ip access-list on our 6500 core switch? ThanksVSSCore(config)#do sh ip access-list vlan150Extended IP access list vlan150    20 permit ip host 10.238.150.38 any (149215 mat...

Hi all,We have to configure a catalyst 4507 in a new building. This Catalyst will have a 10Gb link to another building (another Catalyst 4500). This link will be configured as trunk.But, we have to configure a wifi backup link in case the optical fib...

Resolved! VLAN's over WAN?

I hope I titled this correctly, however. I wanted to know if it is possible to communicateacross VLAN's over WAN or over the internet.If I am right, we can not. It is not possible - only through Layer 3 will an IP address be used as the destination a...

joealbergo by Level 1
  • 26 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear friends,We have a switch with part number WS-C4948-10GE  and the power supply "PWR-C49-300AC" has failed. However, in Cisco Hardware installation guide, i dont see any removal and replacement guide for the power supply though i see it for 4948E ...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card