Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I've read about version of this scenario, but have been unable to achieve the desired results from previous examples. I have a 2811 with an on-board interface on my LAN (L3), and an HWIC-4ESW interface (L2) connecting to a metro Ethernet WAN.  Out ac...

kclark by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

two Data Center and one office all interconnected with dual links (internally) and one ISP at the Data Centers only. Office's ISP access goes through DC1's ISP. What'd you recommend as far as OSPF design? Should I have a single area zero ? We do not...

jchan by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! 6500 Question

Hi,I'm looking around at various line modules for the 6500 series with Sup 720...I was reading that the WS-X6748-GE-TX w/ WS-F6700-DFC3 could access 720gb of backplane... does that mean all 48 ports could run at full GB speeds? I don't seem to see an...

rtjensen4 by Level 4
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can someone point me to a good cisco document explaining the operation of this or maybe summarize how of the Ternary CAM works? I've been doing some searchs on the internet and more of the information i'm finding is making me more confused.Thanks

I needed to limit traffic on an Ethernet connection coming from another agency so I only saw the IP addresses I wanted.  I put an inbound ACL on the interface on my 3750.  Now I want to verify the ACL effectiveness, so I spanned traffic from that por...

rhague by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I want to configure one router with a backup interface and the problem is that the router don´t permit me to configure HSRP !This is the primary interface configuration:interface GigabitEthernet0/0 description ### Trunk ## backup interface Gigabi...

Hallo!I am a realy newone @cisco.I own Cisco ASA 5505.We have one UTP Ethernet cable (RJ45) witch handles three IP adreses. One adress is fot IP telephony, second one for computer network and third is reserved for our public WEBserver, but it is no a...

hi! I'm trying to configure DHCP snooping in our edge switches.In my core sw, i've issue the global command "ip dhcp snooping". In the edge switch, i've issued 2 global commands "ip dhcp snooping vlan 2-4069" n"ip dhcp snooping". In the edge switch's...

dkblee by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm trying to convert our network to dynamic routes using ospf, as it's all static routes at the moment (in excess of 600 devices, all statically routed!!!!).Anyway, I'm having to keep service up whilst I'm doing this so I am going to have to have bo...

I have found a lot of documentation that would alow a router to be a dns server.   The command to turn on the server is "ip dns server"   This command does not exist in the IOS version I am running.  I am running the following c3640-i-mz.124-25b.bini...

Resolved! Is PBR my answer?

I'm in the process of setting up a 3560G alongside an ASA 5505. What I'd like to do is have all traffic from vlan 10 to the internet be routed to 192.168.16.2 (the 'blue' inside interface), and all traffic from vlan 20 to the internet be routed to 19...