Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a layer 3 switch (4506) connected to a WAN router.The 4506 has several SVI's which are the gateways to different subnets (i.e. 10.208.2.x, 10.208.3.x, 10.208.4.x, etc.).After creating a route-map, do I apply it to the incoming physical port on...

We have one Cisco 4506 Supervisor Engine IV and we cannot get it to read or recognize slot0:, We had the flash card in the flash card slot and to no avail where able to get slot0: recognized.  Can anyone help us out with this matter?  Thanks for your...

Hi,I have configured Catalyst 6503 switch with PBR based on following requirementsIf the source address is 10.91.x.x and the destination address is 10.152.x.x or 10.153.x.x route the packet to 10.91.208.5 (ie make 10.91.208.5 the next hop address)If ...

gsidhu by Level 3
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a LAN with a core router and two seperate internet-connected firewalls.  Currently the core router has a default route pointing to the old firewall.  I need to implement a policy-based route that allows traffic from several remote subnets to a...

Hi,I thought I knew how to do Policy Routing and now I think I don't....This is the situation....I have a 2821 running c2800nm-advsecurityk9-mz.124-24.T.bin acting as the Internet router.I have two ISPs directly connected.I have two default gateways ...

Hi, I would like to understand the rationale and mechanism for this simple situation:Please see diagram for details.I have a new SwitchA that I need to connect to a production switch. Such SwitchA will serve hosts connected to vlan 19.Then I establis...

news2010a by Level 3
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Greetings, We had a vendor install all our switches and I've found that the switch configurations for voice & data are a little different. They are configured either as (where vlan 10 = data, vlan 172 =voice):interface FastEthernet0/2 switchport acce...

I have several Cisco Catalyst 3560 switches configured with multiple VLANs.  Originally I was running IOS c3560-I9-mz.122-20.se4 and when I attached a Cisco 3550 switch in a basically unconfigured state to one of the access ports on the 3560, it woul...

gkeel by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have an AT&T MPLS network, fully mesh.It is encrypted with GETVPN.I want to create a GRE Tunnel from our HQ site to our DR site to connect two disjoined Area 0s together.Can anyone help out?I am a little confused now that I already have the GETVPN ...

trippi by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes