Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Greetings, We had a vendor install all our switches and I've found that the switch configurations for voice & data are a little different. They are configured either as (where vlan 10 = data, vlan 172 =voice):interface FastEthernet0/2 switchport acce...

I have several Cisco Catalyst 3560 switches configured with multiple VLANs.  Originally I was running IOS c3560-I9-mz.122-20.se4 and when I attached a Cisco 3550 switch in a basically unconfigured state to one of the access ports on the 3560, it woul...

gkeel by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have an AT&T MPLS network, fully mesh.It is encrypted with GETVPN.I want to create a GRE Tunnel from our HQ site to our DR site to connect two disjoined Area 0s together.Can anyone help out?I am a little confused now that I already have the GETVPN ...

trippi by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All!Is there any possibilities on how to prevent or even stop a rogue DHCP server giving bad IP addresses?We have a ligitimate DHCP server on our campus LAN that gives the right IP address for our dhcp client workstations but sometimes, a rogue DH...

cmadiam82 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,i have 2650xm router and i want to access the router using Aux port.Here is config of aux portline aux 0 password 7 03005 login modem InOut transport input all flowcontrol hardware.Please let me know which cable i need to connect aux port to m...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a problem with my vlan, I have crated a vlan using cisco catalyst 2960, inside that vlan I have a particular computer (10.1.1.254) that I want it to communicate with the outside, from that computer I can ping the outside that is 172.16.1.0 ...

Hello,I've been reading this document:http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps4324/product_data_sheet09186a00801f3dd9.htmlAnd I've seen that there are two “data only” power supplies (1000W and 1400W) that doesn't provide PoE. But...

Hi,When SHOW VLAN INTERNAL USAGE command, I receive output show below1006 online diag vlan0 1007 online diag vlan1 1008 online diag vlan2 1009 online diag vlan3 So what is ONLINE DIAG VLAN?? In case I wish to use one of these vlan, what should I do (...

hi all,I would like to enable mls netflow in cat6500(with sup720-pfc3,msfc3)but it is not work well.i tested the belowconf tmls netflowendcat6500#sh mls ip Displaying Netflow entries in Active Supervisor EARL in module 5DstIP           SrcIP         ...

hi all,i wonder what is the meaning of 72bits in show platform hardware capacityPE007#show platform hardware capacity System Resources  PFC operating mode: PFC3B  Supervisor redundancy mode: administratively sso, operationally sso  Switching resource...

At random times in the day our Internet will go down in the office.  So far the workaround has been to just reboot our ASA and then when it comes back up everything is fine for a little while.When it is down, both the inside and outside interfaces ar...

Compeat01 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card