Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

HI, Can anyone help on this. Actually i am connecting cisco 3560 and 2960 through SFP. When i connect the port it is goes to error disabled state.And i am getting this error %GBIC_SECURITY_CRYPT-4-VN_DATA_CRC_ERROR: GBIC in port Gi0/22 has bad cr...

Hello Every one ,I have some confusion about the (1) CAT 4500 switches backplane capacity how we calculate backplane capacity is the backplane capacity is important (2) CAT 4500 switches line card slot speed on the CAT 4500 switches it says 6 Gbps an...

I have a 3750 connected to a storage device and I am seeing alot of Total output drops on the input queueInput queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 76207Queueing strategy: fifo Output queue: 0/0 (size/max) 5 minute input ra...

I'm trying to come up with a way to take a layer 2 vlan (81) that is on network A and make it available on Network C. Each network being a PtP to one another:A-B-C. Is such a thing possible? It seems it would be some what simple to do, but not sure...

Hi, How does a downstream switch pass on the message to upstream switch that i dont have a particular VLAN , so dont pass any info about that VLAN.regardsNeo

cisco by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! VLAN Down

I am having trouble bringing up a second VLAN on a Catalyst 3750 running 12.2(25)SEE.The first VLAN (101) is working fine. The second (102) is Down/down. Here are the config sections that I have scripted:bbswitch0-live#sh run int Vlan101Building conf...

Hi,6506 is in hybrid mode, cannot telnet to it anymore. Could be telnet sessions are full and didnt clear.how can I clear the telnet session.I am able to login to switch module on the 6506Without restarting the box or disturbing any services can we c...

why does a router prefers a EBGP over IBGP ( i am aware that AD of EBGP is less than IBGP)regardsNeo

cisco by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

This is probably a stupid question, but I am going to ask anyway.If I enable pruning on a switch, compared to just adding the allowed VLANS on the trunk, is there a difference?What would be the best way for the traffic to get to only the switch desir...

Im tryig to get layer2 qos to work on a 4900 for non IP traffic. Ive have set tx-queues to shape at 5mb on my egress interface but this doesnt seem to working correctly, Could anyone point me in the rigth direction to achieving shaping all traffic ou...