Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,Attached is one of our remote sites schema.R1,R2 are provider termination routers at loc B. Router A is similarly device at loc A.MPLS cloud is the connecting link.Both R1,R2 are terminated locally at loc B on a Layer3(6500) switch.Now before its ...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 15 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is someone see any mistakes or can comment or suggest on this scenario ?I have a 2801 service router, running CuCME and CUE, which will connect using the two FastEthernet port in etherchannel trunk mode to the C2960 head switch.The same C2960 head sw...

nrnick by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have cisco 2821 router and I want to monitor an ISDN BRI interface, in case the line goes down. I would then like the router to shut down the ethernet interface automatically, thus taking it of the network. This would allow my server to failover to...

pcromwell by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I want to use a c4507 as a NTP master.I found out that my predecessor network administrator (who left the company) had set the timezone to UTC and also the summer-time timezone to UTC instead of CET and CEST which would be correct.Is there any...

dennisv99 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiHow do i copy a IOS from Cisco 3550 to a tftp server on my PCQuestion is -- Do i use the port on the switch connected to the tftp server as routed port(no switchport command) or as a switchport If switchport then should it belong to vlan 1 with t...

I am working with a small business that wants to upgrade to either Linksys or Cisco switches. We have about 70 hosts and to provide scalability we need about 96 ports. Since budget and security are both major factors, what would be recomended in term...

travleen1 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey, folks:What's the difference between mls and fast switching?I always thought of mls as being a general reference to L3/L4 switching. I never actually configured "mls" on a Cisco device."Switch-A> (enable) set mls flow destination-sourceConfigured...

lamav by Level 8
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, all,I have a small experimental network, using one Cisco7204VXR(NPE400) router and one Cisco2950switch. The router has one FE port, so I created several virtual FE on it and connected to the switch.. The network is isolated from any other LAN/WAN...

I'm wondering how you have chosen to get PXE to work in your environment. We are just stating with it and I am getting conflicting info. The server people say I have to set ip helper-address, but a lot of the documentation I'm finding says just set...

jeff.cook by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I just received notice that IOS 12.2(18)SXF is EOL. What I need clarity on is does Cisco mean the entire 12.2(18)SXF train is EOL or just the specific version 12.2(18)SXF?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card