Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,guys:A Catalyst 2955c-12 just make me mad.The client complaint that his network management software kept alarm about 4 2955c-12 in his lan. From any device I ping to those concerned devices' management IP address, there are 500 to 600 ms delay, th...

zdh1207 by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi! I'm trying to block dhcp svr setup in our testing lab. If i'm not wrong, i can achieve this by configuring dhcp snooping. I have a few questions that i would like to verify1) do i need to configure dhcp snooping on the L2 sw and core switch as ...

dkblee by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, On the Cisco 3845 Integrated Services Router, I have a Zoned-Based Firewall set up. For testing purposes, I would like to log some "permitted" packets as well as "denied" packets that the firewall is allowing through or prohiting from passing t...

sdniel by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am setting up a small office (less than 20 users) and am wondering what would be a good hardware solution. They already have a Dell PowerConnect switch but no router or firewall. someone recommended to them a PIX 505e and a 2600 series router. I th...

Hi, Recently one of the Gig-ethernet module crashed (of my 6500 switch) but the traffic does not switchover to the secondary switch. The switch Gig-ethernet module has ports in different vlans. I'm using normal HSRP config for every vlan SVI. How can...

OER

please let me know if any one have implemented load balancing of internet using internet connection in 2 site , say [ HQ and DR site ] using a default route to the ISP .

Resolved! BGP understanding

Hi guys,As I'm trying to understand the basic BGP way of working, I have a questiong that I need someones help to answer:If I want to use in my AS as IGP, BGP, and I want all the updates to be sent as source from loopback interfaces, before all the B...

hi folks.I am able to login to my router VIA TACACS+ server. My username and password doesnot work with enable mode. When I do enable after login to user prompt; it just throws me "Authentication failed" message. AAA commands used aaa new-modelaaa au...

i have simple hub and spoke tpology the hub configured with to map statments of frame-relay point to both spoks with broadcast word spoks has one with broadcast word for the hub other one only map the other spok and point it to the local DLCI simple ...

Hello,I would like to install a gigabit switch for max 12 users, wireless capable, security options, include 'guest' access via wired ports, can handle wired/wireless cameras. What model should I be looking at? the Cisco site isn't too easy to figu...

wondering by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

What version of IOS code must be running on WS-C3750G-48PS-E/WS-C3550-48-EMI in order to view the TOP TALKERS on ports? The SH TOP command in CATOS is very helpful and I am looking for a similar command but only in IOS. Most of the installed switche...

Anyone know what deferred collisions are on a port ? This is the only counter showing anything , no normal collisions show and no crc or fcs errors. Haven't found an explanation on cco on what exactly this is . Can this only be cause by speed/dup...

glen.grant by VIP Alumni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,we have a problem with a asymetric load-balancing in a LACP link. We have a switch-down (2970) with a LACP link formed by ports 16, 17, 6 and 7. In the switch-up the same LACP link is formed by 16, 17, 18 and 19. The ports are wired:sw-down GE0...