Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

hi!i dont know if it's the correct forum but i got a simple question that i would like to be answered.Recently i brought a 877 adsl router with the advance security ios. I thought this ios supported 802.1q, but i don't think so. So i upgraded to adva...

uosambela by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello.. I have a 4506 with a SUPIII card and a WS-X4448-GB card. I want to enable jumbo frames for a iscsi connection. When I go into the interface that I want to enable jumbo frames on I issue the command:mtu 9192. I then get the error "% Interface ...

jforbis by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Everyone,I am having a problem with connectivity dropping out intermittently. I am running rapid spanning-tree, and have one and only one Vlan on this link. Its a dedicated fiber link running IP Video. This link has been working fine for abo...

naparrott by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a couple of 6509s and I wanted to upgrade the PCMCIA cards to 64mb.Both 6509s have Sup2 cards MSFC2. But they wont recognize the cards when inserted. I cant even format them.I was sure that the SUP2's supported the 64mb cards.Any ideas ?Cheer...

dclee by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

When igmp snooping is applied the interface that sends multicast packets out the job fails after a few minutes. If IGMP is turned off the job passes but multicast hammers the entire network so i need it working. Any suggestions.

netsquant by Level 1
  • 22 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Invented a really cool VLAN numbering scheme. However, on floors in buildings at 10th or higher it falls apart because the 6500s are set to assign its internal VLANs from 1006 up...runs in to our numbering scheme.Want to change these allocations t...

mprescher by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

if a vlan is configured for jumbo frames, is there any problems or performance issues if a workstation/server that is on that vlan sending packets and is not configured for jumbo frames?

mattesong by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, when a packet travels from one switch to another , and the packet say from switch A is marked with say cos 5, if this enters another switch with no trust, wha will happen, will it keep the marking,but the switch will not put it in the queue ?

Hi,I have a 3750 with a gigabit rj45 SFP, and I am planning on connecting it to a gigabit port on a 6509 and running it at gigabit speed.My questions are:-do I need a crossover cable to do this?-does it need to be a special cable for gigabit crossove...