Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Cisco 2851#sh processes cpu sorted 5minCPU utilization for five seconds: 98%/6%; one minute: 98%; five minutes: 98% PID Runtime(ms) Invoked uSecs 5Sec 1Min 5Min TTY Process 291 3560472 1091595 3261 87.94% 89.21% 89.47% 0 C...

I would like to setup a vlan on our existing network. We have a 2800 used as an edge router connected to cat. 3750 used as a layer 3 switch. We have several other layer 2 switches connected to the 3750. I have a subnet that will be used for the v...

MIB

I have been assigned a task to run an MIB on a 4006 LAN switch to get every single OID on the box and I am not sure how to do this. We use SMART to view SNMP alerts for our networking devices and I want to be able to capture a failing Sup Engine usin...

Hi,I had an issue this morning and was wondering if it could be caused by enabling mls qos.Around 11:18AM after enabling mls qos, the network seemed to have blipped, meaning all communication was lost for about 5-10 seconds.We have SW1 connected to S...

pipsadmin by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am super new at networking. Thanks in advance for your input.I purchased from Ebay a AP1240 for use with my home system. I have a DSL modem and a Cisco hub, will this unit work with my current system without any additional software of hardware. ...

We're going to be moving from a relatively flat network where all of buildings have 3750 stacks and the connect to our 6500 via fiber where all the routing is done. It was 1 spanning tree domain and VLAN's are everywhere. I'm trying to move it to Cis...

Hey,I am attempting to make changes on a bunch of IOS switches and wanted to know if there was anyway to make bulk changes to a number of ports if they happen to be non-continuous (eg. 1,5,8 etc.). I do know about the range command but as I understa...

Our School District has 25 buildings and each have it's own vlan assigned to it. Recently one of our building vlans, 111, just stopped communicating with another, 157, but does communicate with the remaining 23 vlans. Vlan 157 is not able to commun...

ccoperryc by Level 1
  • 49 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I was curious on how some of you guys set up your access ports say on a 48 port switch and if you use any shortcut methods. We usually stack our 48 port switches and can have 10-12 in a stack with ascending port descriptions 101-a, 101-b and so on. R...

when i try to SNMP monitor this switch, even with two very different Network Management systems (CA Unicenter & Solarwinds) i get this same Syslog Message event flood:2008 May 20 10:30:12 CDT -05:00 %IP-6-UDP_SOCKOVFL:UDP socket overflow from Source ...

lchance by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a pair of 2960 tt-l switches that I wish to upgrade, adding crypto. It looks like there is not enough flash to have both images. So I will have to replace the IOS. I am on site with the switches today but cannot reboot until long after I leave...

We have dhcp configure on our routers,however it takes sometime for hoststo get an IP address. And sometimes theyget a 169. address, which leads to troubleshooting the physical layer connection. I would like to configure portfast on allhost ports, ho...

Hello,I'm studying for my CCNA, and I've come across a problem in my own lab, which I believe will help me with my studing, but I've gotten stuck.Problem: For some reason, every once in a while I lose connection to my switch from all of the PC's plu...

chrish346 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes