Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi AllIt appears from reading the blurb on the 877 model that the ability to create extra VLAN's (other than VLAN1) depends on the IOS ordered. It appears that only 1 VLAN is supported unless you have the Advanced IP services/Advanced IP Enterprise I...

keeleym by Level 5
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! 876 Vlan's

HelloI have a Cisco 876 router. I have created an extra VLAN, number 2. I have assigned an IP adress and 2 ethernet ports.For the IP adress of VLAN1 is automaticly an IP route created (C = connected). For VLAN2 this is not?! I also can't create an st...

Hi,We need to clarify that which type of cable is required to interconnect Cisco Ws-2960G-24TC-l with ws-c3508G-XL-EN series switch let me know how to connect a ordinary ethernet port with GBIC port, Normally we use crosscable to connect two switches...

Platform : C6506, 2xSUP720-3B, 122-33.SXH1Linecards : SW-X6516(2),6516A(2).SSO on.Command : show fabricResp : switching Mode = CROSSBAR for Mod 1,2,3,4,6- dCEF for mod 5 - Where can I find some explanations about CROSSBAR in 122SX ? I know crossbar f...

florence by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi to all, My network topology is as shown in the gif image attached (mySetup.gif). I want to load balance traffic coming from the Internet and destined to Host A onto the four firewalls (A,B,C,D) connected to the switch on a per-packet basis. For th...

Hi, I would like to block the snmp traffic generated from to PC and coming into my interface ATM PVC on my router.the ip addresses are 10.10.10.202 10.10.10.123.What is the best ACL that I can applie?ThnaksRegards

Hi,can someone help me with this problem?:I have a cisco network with 20 branches and a central site. In my network is a device with address 169.254.X.X, what is a address for computers that haven't assigned DHCP address. I need physically find this ...

Hi,We have two links between HQ and our Branch, one is active and the second is standby and there is HSRP between the two routers connected to both links.We want to distribute the traffic between the two links, so we decide to route some services to ...

Hi,we have a cisco based network, we want to configure dynamic routing protocol so which dynamic routing we should use?, OSPF or EIGRP.also what is the advantage and disadvantage of both routing protocols in practical experience.Thanks

Hi all, can anyone tell me, if I have a standalone switch and I have vlan 10 set up on it, when one pc talks to another in the same vlan on the switch, is any tagging done here at all ? or would the tagging be done only over uplink ports ?

What does the term "Layer 3 VLAN Interface" actually mean ? Is it the "interface VLAN" that is configured on switches with an IP address for management of the switch? Also, when the "interface VLAN" is configured on a switch, this is a logical inte...

sidpatel4 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Root Guard config

Hi ,Please let me know where do we configure Root Guard & designated part means on which switch.Also please let me know where do we configure Ip Helper Address on a switch/Router?

Our buisness had a cisco voip install some months ago and we are needing to add a new site which means new hardware and soft costs for programming. I am trying to save money by doing this myself insead of the installing company. however i am unfamili...

Hi all,I will configurate two catalyst3750 using HSRP Authentication next week.(Catalyst3750:IOS 12.2(25)SEE2)<catalyst3750#1>interface GigabitEthernet3/0/X no switchport ip address XX.XX.XX.1 255.255.255.0 standby XX ip XX.XX.XX.254 standby XX prior...