Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi !I currently studing for my CCNP certification .Questions on STP :is PVST only supperted on ISL ? what about new switch on which ISL is no more supported ?I'm not sure about the process about the compatibility issue between 802.1d and 802.1w detec...

Hi !I currently studing for my CCNP certification .Questions on STP :1) I not sure I'm correctly understand the difference between alternate and backup port. When I had read on it I had suppose wasd correctly understood, but in lab (I use 4 switchs ...

I have been trying to get in 2600 switch console but have not being able to succeeded. Although I have been following all the instructions on the 2600 installation guide. which are 9600 baud8 data bitsno parity2 stop bits (9600 8N2) OR 1 stop bit¹¹...

We recently found a problem with a stacking cable. After resolving this issue, we decided it would be a good idea to monitor the StackWise ports on our 3750s.Looking through the MIB, I found the cswRingRedundant object (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.500.1.1.3.0)....

We have been tasked with the possibility of implementing jumbo frames on some of the switchports that are used by our servers. I see where you can increase the MTU size on the ports. However, I have also seen that if you're going to do this you hav...

dhopper82 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 3 3560's in one closet that are connecting with copper SFP's between each other. The top 3560 and bottom 3560 have a fiber SFP to the Core. How important is it to have the return cable from the top 3560 to the bottom 3560 switch?