Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have set up a triangle netwrok, 6509-A connected to 6509-B and 6509-C. Router B and C are also HSRP pair where B is active router. I'm seeing lots of Dead time expired on both B and C and as result OSPF is failing several times a day on each rou...

nawas by Level 4
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have an older 2924xl connected to a 3550 switch and on the 2924xl I am getting the following:%CDP-4-NATIVE_VLAN_MISMATCH: Native VLAN mismatch discovered on FastEthernet0/24 (0), with WKF-UNI-SW-A FastEthernet0/18 (200).The 2924 with fa0/24 support...

Hello,I am trying something not sure if it can work or not. Here it is simply put.I have a Cisco 3550 running an EMI image. It has a cross connect to a 2950T cisco switch. I am trying to put through VLAN 3 and 63 from the 3550 to the 2950, I usually ...

I would like to stretch a subnet range across two sites that are connected by a single 100Mb link with a Cisco 2600 router at each end.I've attached a network diagram of how my network is subnetted out. The switches at each site are 3750's and the ro...

Resolved! 802.1x issue.

I have a case that seems to be a bug:In a cat2950 switch with 12.1(22)EA10 image I am seing working with 802.1x this:If I am correctly authenticaded the PC goes to a normal Vlan, the production vlan but if the PC connected is not authenticated, the ...

hi all, I found the counters of output buffer failures and underruns will increase at the same time. i change " buffer size " and the counters still increase. could anyone meet this situation ? best regards.fred.3550#show inter fas 0/8FastEthernet0...

mishao by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi,i installed one WS-X6148-GE-TX on 13th slot of a 6513 while it was powered on. After detecting the module, the "show module" shows '48 unknown FRU type (major = 0x6003, mino". Does the swithc require a reboot, does it have any minimum IOS version...

Hi,do anyone know if vrf (Virtual Routing and Forwarding) is provided by the 3750-E series?In the datasheet I cant find anything about it, but whats e.g. with a special IOS image...Thanks in advance

Hi to fellow forumers,I am a newbie on the use of trunking and I had some enquiries about the use of it. If anyone can help, that's would be great and thanks in advance.I had 3 different networks in which 2 are connected to normal linksys/dlink switc...

NAT

hi all,I have a router with a static NAT configure as follow: ip nat inside source static X.X.X.X Y.Y.Y.YI have a secon ISP conneting to the same router and want to configure a redundant static nat in case the first ISP is down the second one takes o...

Hi everyone,I am practicing to setup a VLAN as shown in the figure http://blog.erealmedia.com/I am using Packet Trace 4.1 from CISCO.So far I have able to create VLANs 1, 22, 33 and 44. Have created Trunk ports and they are working fine. I can create...

WizIT by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Currently designing a Branch Office network and would like to implement a solution with a /26 subnet per switch. However the Operations guys would prefer a /24 per floor. Is there a definate Best Practice for this??

dlawrence by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I want to connect the 2 using the GBIC and SFP at Gbit Speed. What are the modules needed? What cables are needed? And copper or fiber? The 2 switches are side by side.Thank you