Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello!plz have a llok to the Attached File.so in like thuis setup do i need to assign root bridge Manualy for these Vlan's.or the protocole select the root according its rules10xs

alsayed by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, I've got a network setup of 2 switches that communicate and transmit data across a VLAN. Trunking is enabled between them, but when i add a router to tranverse to an alternative site i can't seem to get the host on say vlan 10 to ping the rou...

In one of our buildings we have a number of 4500 switches to provide LAN connectivity to users and we are running out of ports. Rather then buying more blades or switches I would like to reuse some ports. So my question is how to tell if a port has n...

Greetings,I need to decide which 3750 models to go with. I'm replacing a 4006 core switch.Data center servers ~250 devices: workstations, soon to be IP phones and possible video, printers, cameras, POE.I'm looking at:3750E-48TD3750E-48PD3750E-48PD-Fb...

cmcnally by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,i want to configure a simple mac-address filter, to allow only one PC on the FE0 Port on a cisco 871.interface vlan 1bridge-group 1bridge-group 1 input-access-list 700!access-list 700 permit 00c0.0404.091a 0000.0000.0000but it doesnt't work :-(...

wolfgangz by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I have a 3560 running C3560-IPSERVICESK9-M.Would like to ask if it is possible to configure an IP address on the primary pVLAN with this image, or do I need a metro IP access image to be able to do so?Looking forward to comments. Thanks.

Can some one help me in configuring "exception dump" in 6500 L3 switches. This is mainly for collecting the info during any switch crash.Pl clarify the difference between Crash info feature & Exception dump feature in 6500

wbpo by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,Is there a way of specifying the IP address that is seen by neighboring devices in the cdp table as the management address?Thanks

anke by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,2 Catalyst 6509s are my LAN core. Each device have a MSFC2 installed.I configured ip multicast routing at global level and ip pim sparse-dense-mode on every VLAN interfaces. I have successful seen streaming from a Policom VSX8000 in the same V...

What sofware version (ip-base, ip-services, SMI, EMI) I need to configure HSRP in a Catalyst 3750 stack?Where can I find the differences between each version? I remember a web tool to compare features of each version in the cisco web but I don't fint...

jmprats by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes