Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Alrighty then. I've been passed the ball on this new network infrastructure the company is doing. And I can't, for the life of me, figure out exactly what's wrong here. Situation: Switch Stack configured to 10.20.13.2.MPLS Router is 10.20.13.1VoIP VL...

Michichael by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there - Would anybody be willing to let me know if my SPAN port is configured correctly? I believe that it is configured correctly but I am looking for somobody to just look it over just to make sure that I am not missing something. Currently we...

mpozorski by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Does anyone know if IPSLA is supported on the Cisco Cataly 4500 platforms yet?IPSLA (formerly SAA) is supported on almost all router and switch platforms.Anyone from Cisco have any updated information?Thank you.

There seems to be some confussion about the number of etherchannel connections a switch and a stack of switches can have. We have a stack of 4 3750E switches and need to know the total number of etherchannel connections the stack can support.

bbisel by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello All, Why is that when i remove a Vlan, the interface associated it is not return to the list of default Vlan interfaces?.Hence whenever a new Vlan is created the formerly removed interface is automatically assigned to the newly created...

newnetman by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 2950 switch, one PC is connected to one port of the switch with a IP address 10.0.0.1 and another PC is connected to one more port with a IP address 192.168.1.1 Both the PCs do not have a Gateway address and there is now router in the topolo...

Hi all, and thanks in advance. I started this conversation in another forum, but i think that i made a mistake. Apologized about it.I have to decide about the upgrade of our hardware. And in detail, it is the hardware that interconnect us with our pr...

jcuena by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I am doing some basic calculations for time it should take to transfer a file over my network. apparently its been a while since I had to do math as I am doubting myself!I just wondered how long it would take to transfer my 90GB file over a n...

rhltechie by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can anyone tell me the options that are available in the 6500/sup720 for bridging vlans across layer 3 links. I have two 6500s connected across a L3 backbone and need to span a VLAN across.I know MPLS is one options but what are some of the other per...

jrhofman by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiOur network uses VLAN 2 for data and VLAN 700 for IPT. Anyway we use the NICE voice recording system to record telephone calls.We can record calls that are made by standard Cisco 7940 phones but we also use Cisco softphones that are installed on a ...