Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi-ho nice NetPro folks.I've been asked to give a detailed presentation on an idea that I stupidly proferred in a team meeting months ago, about how we might speed up our WAN connections by piggybacking, wirelessly, off of a much faster LAN in a neig...

Hi all, we have 2 internet routers using hsrp. behind these is a firewall on a public ip address, would it be possible to use both internet routers and load balance the traffic over them?? I know we can use mhsrp but that means coming from different ...

Hi allwhen configuring my AP, when i put an ip address on it, where do i configure it, do I do this on the BVI interface? or do i need to put it on both the fast ethernet and bvi interfaces? do i need to type bridge-group 1 on my fast ethernet interf...

I am trying to setup a mac address filter to prevent specific machines from accessing an ssid that I have setup for guest access. The config basics on my switch-****************mac access-list extended LocalDevices permit host xxxx.xxxx.xxxx any perm...

dsturgeon by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey guys i have a good question for you.Im doing a netsim lab, and for some reason i cant get the router to forward vlan traffic. i set my subinterfaces, put the vlans on separate subnets, and configured the link from the router to the switch as a tr...

bbetances by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a collapsed backbone design with a single C3570 G switch and 3 C3750 access switches. I plan to have 2 uplinks from the access switches to core so I will stack the 3 access switches.Q1. If the 3 access switches are stacked and if cross sta...

PAUL CHEN by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! EtherChannels

Hi, I just want to confirm I have configured my network right:I have 2 sites, A and B. Each has a 3560G and using 2 ports on each switch, I have trunked them and created an EtherChannel.on A:int range gi0/1 - 2switchport trunk encap dot1qswitchport m...

cisco-pix by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Good day to All,Im planning to install a VPN connection for my client, one of my clientis using 1750 and another client is using 3640,can anybody give me a step by step instruction of doing a vpn connection/configurationfrom the scratch?Hoping for yo...

Hello,When you set a loopback interface port, do you use the same ip address as the interface configured for the area number? Example, if the interface is 192.168.0.1, will your loopback ip address be 192.168.0.1?Do you increment the ip address for e...

jasonguto by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We have a devcice with an Ethernet port supposed to be capable of using both 10Mbits/s and 100Mbits/s. Unfortunately the device is unreliable when using 100Mbits/s, so we have to force it to use 10Mbits/s by connecting it to an old 10Mb hub and c...

hzhang by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello!Network Design and Config*************************part of the Project Like This:SW1(VLAN100) connected to DS1SwitchB(Vlan200)Connected to DS2;SW1 HAS Stack Link to SW2.DS1 Has L2 Link to DS2i will setup 2 DSs and 20 vlans and Run HSRP Between i...

alsayed by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card