Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi again . now I was able to get from comm-server 2511 to 2610 when I canfigured the loopback0.. now I wan to getback to 2511 com-serv its says on the doc that I need to do Ctrl+shift 6, twice// I did but I am still on the R1 PROMTdo I need to config...

I have a 6513 as server in VTP domain, I want to disallow few vlans on the trunk ports to different switches. I am unable to do so I am running the command clear trunk 8/2 51Removing Vlan(s) 51 from allowed list.Port 8/3 allowed vlans modified to 1...

virenderj by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is it possible if I have a redundant link between 2 Cisco 2950G-12 and I will not encounter any timeout if the one uplink fail. S1 and S2 has host connected on it. HostA(S1) and HostB(S2), if I want to ping from HostA to HostB.

HiI have a Catalyst 3550 Switch with IOS version 12.2(25)SEBCan anyone please give me a complete on how to do a QOS for VOICE traffic on several ports.E.G.I have two voice gateways connected to two different ports on 3550 and want to prioritize their...

I'm studying for BCMSN and have read in several places this statement: "Devices in a campus network's core layer or backbone should be optimized for high-performance Layer 2 or Layer 3 switching."Why would you go from layer 3 in the distro layer back...

Can anybody explain how these two are related? I understand that ASIC allow switches to forward packets at high-speed lookups based in hardware. CAMs have a list of mac to port mappings.

Hallo,I have a Cisco 1721 router, with a WIC-1ENET (single port ethernet) WIC in 0.Ethernet0 - 10.220.1.10 / 255.255.255.0Fastethernet0 - 10.0.0.11 / 255.255.0.0I am trying to route the Fastethernet0 to Ethernet0 (the WIC).as...0.0.0.0 / 0.0.0.0 - 10...

How to accomplish this scenario, using etherchannel. Im using CSCO 2950G-12-EI Switch, I want to ping PC2 from PC1 or vice versa without any timeout if I remove some connection. Please find the attachment for the scenario, thanks.

Hi,I'm trying to setup a Cisco 837 to have firewall, IPSec VPN to my office and port forwarding.Using SDM I was able to first get the connection to the DSL provider, then using the VPN area setup the IPSec VPN. I then used the NAT area to setup port ...

mgregory by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Whats the easiest way for me to get notifications when the uplinks on my 3560-24T's shutdown/disconnect from each other? Also can the same idea/steps be applied to 3550-12Gs?I tried turning on logging in the Cisco Network Assistant but I ended up get...

ricky-li by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,,,The problem that we had is with the redundant supervisor engine sup720 it is always boot to the rommon mode, we had copy the same ios (s72033-ps-mz.122-17d.SXB1.bin) from the active sup720 to the disk0 and copied it to standby sup720 and when w...

osamaokok by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card