Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

All,As I understand it Portfast should prevent a switch from generating TC BPDUs when the port moves into the forwarding state. There is a feature on the lastest IOS versions that allows you to enable Portfast on Trunk links.We are having a few issue...

cbeswick by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am planning on upgrading my current internet connection from a single T1 to a channelized DS3. I have some questions/issues on the logistics about how that would work.I currently have a little 2610 with a T1 card in it that I use as my edge router...

We have a network comprised of a Cisco 3845 router, Catalyst 3750 and 2950 switches connected to a WAN (See attached PDF).The issue we are experiencing (I wouldn't call it a problem) is the Catalyst 2950 seems to ignore the IP DEFAULT-GATEWAY stateme...

Here's what I have:6509 with dual sup 1 + dual msfc.Msfc1 is secondary hsrp for vlan193Msfc2 is primary hsrp for vlan193If I take down the interface for vlan193 on msfc1, msfc2 is no longer able to communicate with anything on the vlan at layer 3. I ...

epeeler by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I work in a CAD-intensive network with Cisco Catalyst 3560G switches. We have a rack of 5 switches that feed a floor of users and all the servers and all the feeds from the other 3560s on the 3 other floors. The 3560 are all GB and I have CAT6 conn...

dpropson by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can anyone please tell me why these two 3560's are not routing?Test#sh runBuilding configuration...Current configuration : 2605 bytes!version 12.2!no aaa new-modelip subnet-zeroip routing!no file verify autospanning-tree mode pvstspanning-tree extend...

ricschaaf by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a network I do not expect to exceed 750 devices. Would the 4507 be appropriate for that number of devices. 10 closets will feed back via fiber, all in differnet vlans, to access email/file servers/proprietary programs on a separate vlan. Co...

vanguard1 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a Cat 3550 in which I enable SSH on, now the console password seems to be disabled.(Yes I do have one setup) I can plug a console cable in and the I get right into user mode (no password). Ive tried to find info on this but havent been very ...

Just install this switch with default configuration. On our Lan we have mix of windows nd old Mac with Appletalk used for printing and else.Since i installed this device no more mac work. Is there a way to enable appletalk on the Catalyst express 500

Hello all. I have router bcbehind connected to my cable modem. I can ping out and resolve domain names. bcnetworked is connect to bcbehind via serial connect. ser0 connects to ser0. I am able to ping from bcnetworked up to the cable modem. I can't pi...

Hi all,Hi have heard about Policy Based Routing, and i dont know if exist a better way to doing what i want.The main goal, is to choose a diferent destination next hop ip address, from a Wan site router, with 2 diferent networks in their LAN.I wanna ...

Hello!yesterday;we bought a refurbish Switch 4507R;i did to it a basic config;the switch its not in production yet.but i have seen the light is orange on the gig1/1 on the sup1 & yelow on the 2nd supis there any problem?plz explain10xsoutput********...

alsayed by Level 1
  • 15 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are looking at converting our 6509 to MST. I would like the whole network to be converted to MST but we have alot of 3548xl that I understand do not support MST. Is it possible to have a mixed environment? Are there any possible issues in having a...

p-allen by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes