Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! Vlan Best Practice

Hello, I am wondering about the following scenario and if it falls under a best practice. Two locations and each location is identical in terms of equipment and purpose. Let's say location A had a vlan 100 with 172.15.5.0/24 would location B best be ...

dcanady55 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! cisco VSS

Hi ,we have two  4506 switches in our company , they want to go for VSS .its running identical now . we want to bring into both the swithces into vss mode .question is we will lose the existing config after converted the switch into VSS mode ? Thanks

Hi guys, I removed a switch from stack renumbered it and tried "switch clear stack-mode" but it still shows "switch 1 provision c9300-48uxm" in the config..When I try to run "no switch 1 provision" I'm getting this error "Error: A switch is already p...

kentdlane by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Hello everybody.Got this log entry, repeated many times:%SW_MATM-4-MACFLAP_NOTIF: Host 2c76.8aae.410e in vlan 1 is flapping between port Gi1/0/11 and port Gi2/0/12It is happening on a stacked switch...What's this and how to solve it? For me, it looks...

I'm currently tasked with an upgrade 5 switches, from 5Ks to 9Ks. On the day of implementation, i'm upgrading two switches on the first day and the remainng three on the second. In terms of connecting the two new switches, will i just have to switch ...

Hi, I'm working with a Catalyst 3650, using PuTTY as the terminal interface.  I installed a new ios image on friday due to an accidental deletion of the original image from flash (it's now monday). Connection via console cable was working fine on fri...

I searched the configuration guide, the command reference and other unofficial documents, but could find an explanations of what the power modes actually do. This for the Cisco 4000 Series ISRs.The configuration guide shows the commands, but not what...

gtpeace by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I had a Cisco AS5350 , and it works correctly through the year. but now I could not conncet to it even with console cable .my windows is server 2008 ,COM1,9600, but in hyper terminal I couldnt see anything from cisco,even I have change my console cab...