Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have 6 3750 switches stacked and I'm having problems getting one of my ACLS to function properly. I am setting up a guest network for Wireless and need to block all traffic to my network except for the any reequests for DNS and DHCP. I am using a...

Hi,We are running MPLS between cisco 7206 routers connected via two 6509 core switches. The interface on the 6509 report giants . We have enabeled jumbo frames support and we have configured :tag-switching mtu 1516 on the 7206 routers. We have nothin...

bjornarsb by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are logging to our router remotley using just the line vty password and the enable password (no RADUIS or TACACS), is there any way to send a syslog message to the syslog server when a user tries to log into the router, becuase there will be no us...

Ahmede by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hijust for fun and self development I want to setup a mini ISP at home. I want to do PPPoE I can get some test routers/switches but cant find any simple examples of how to do it im aiming for something like windows clients connect to a cisco 2950 or ...

kjbarrass by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I need to create VRFs in my network I am wondering about the transition.My interface dont have any VRF configure on then. When I enable ip vrf, what will happen before I assing my interface into the correct VRF. Will they continue to forward traff...

Hopefully there is an easy answer to this. We have a switch that due to the number of blades and the configuration size, we had to change the configuration mode to text. No big deal. However, this switch also acts as a server in the vtp domain that i...

g.hammond by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, if I want to momnitor my internet router behind my firewall, firstly, what do i need to do, do I need to put an access list on the router allowing connections sourced from the firewall for snmp, and second to I need to set up port forwarding ...

pls welcome d newest network green horn to hit ur network.....seriously voip is a challenge on my wireless LAN, and controlling bandwidth usage.....please any clues

xad by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello. I was wondering what happened to traffic when it traverses VLANs that are being distributed using vtp. For instance, say our core switch is a 4507R, with a 48 port line card, and it is the vtp server. It has three vlans on it, ip address 192.1...

poulid by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Please help me on this?.I need to forward traffic to two different next hops based on source IP and the attribute (tag, community, other your suggestion) the BGP passes with the route that points that source IP.I?ll try with an example: I have two di...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card