Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,what's the maximum bandwith that we can get out of a 3750 with 24 Ports 10/100/1000 + 4 Gbic ports?I got the info that in such a switch each 12 port's share 1Gbit capacity + each of the 4 Gbic port's another Gigabit for each.Is this true?

jorge.s by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I'm having a small problem updating the system image of my 871 router and would appreciate any help given.I'm currently running IOS 12.4(4) and would like to update to 12.4(11). I have downloaded the correct image (advipservices), copied it to a ...

Fencer128 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

All, I have a switch running DHCP and it looks like it runs out of IPs to give out, then you have to reboot it to get DHCP working again. I know I only have about 100 users, and there is no exceptions except the switch IP itself. It sounds like it ...

jjoseph01 by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We recently ordered 3 x Cisco 3560 Switches. The main reason we bought these switches was to do some MSTP interworking between our own Layer 2 equipment and these Cisco switches. However, the Cisco switches do not follow the BPDU format described in ...

eurosimm by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I wanted to restrict LAN to WAN (traffic going from one vlan to another vlan)traffic on a 3550 switch to particular bandwidth.Can some one help me in providing the required configuration.RegardsSivakondala Rao

Hi,We have two service providers and three Apnic ranges of /24. We are planning to install a 3825 router to connect the two service providers. I guess BGP would be an ideal solution if both service providers be connected in load balancing. I have che...

rush2amol by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All.I have a network with about 20 catalyst 3750 switches connected with each other with 'ring' topology. And all of them is in one VTP domain. One switch is acting as a VTP server and others are VTP clients. Now i need completely remove VTP from ...

It may be a very easy fix for this but I've recently installed a Cisco 4507 Switch at one of my locations and it's working great expect when I try to browse that subnet from my data center on a seperate subnet I cannot browse computers in that locati...

Ok I have 3 2950 48 port switches. I have been rolling my users to the new switches as they have been off the network. Today I came in and it was time to fire up the third switch in the stack. Ok I plugged the gbic into the slot powered up the swi...

I purchased this switch on ebay, it does work (or at least it did before I deleted the files on it). I have followed the procedure to copy a file from via tftp and hyperterminal but get a permission denied error from hyperterminal and cannot connect...

Hi all, can someone tell me the different ways of advertising a default route in eigrp, i know the redistribute static, command, is there any other way of doing it ?

I am thinking about upgrading to the sup32 at the core of my network, and came across the following q&a regarding the sup32, and wondered if somebody could help me get a better understanding.http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/produ...

I have a 2621 router and flash was erased. Just for practicing purposes, I uploaded IOS version 11.3. I want to upgrade the IOS but I can't ping the TFTP server. I think it is because I could not configure a FA port and I only configured the Loopb...