Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

For a person with CCNA, but without handon experience on any cisoc software or hardware, 1.what is the best way to learn handon experience?2.are there any software that imitate cisco network, like virutal lab?any other advice?thanks

I have 2 NICs installed in my desktop system. I need to establish a TCP/IP connection through one NIC With a server. At the same time I need to load balance the packets through both the NICs. The above setup incolves coding in Windows. Also the imple...

Hi,Is there anyway to assign VLAN into a group of ports in a Catalyst switch?For example, if i want to assign port 1-3 to VLAN admin,vlan 2 name admininterface vlan 2ip address 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.0interface e0/1switchport access vlan 2interface e0/...

Resolved! Desperate In Omaha

My companyhas recently purchased two older 1605 routers. No manuals and no help. I do not have any cisco router experience and am trying to introduce them into the network. I have terra term installed and have run an rj45 connection from the conne...

I'm looking at installing a 4503 with sup IV for the core of our network. Do the switches where the clinet pcs connect have to be L3 capable as well inorder to achieve benefits of L3 routing. For example could I use the 2950s as the access switches

sunil_ha1 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to figure out what the usable IP range is to a class B address (172.16.1.1) with a mask of 255.255.255.0 .172.16.1.1 /242^8 -2 = 254 subnets2^8 -2 = 254 hostsSo the non-usable networks are just 172.16.0.0 and 172.16.256.0 ?What about 172....

pcexhaust by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to setup a 1700 router behind a dsl modem. If I have routing on I cannot ping beyond the gateway from the 1700. If you turn off routing and specify a default-gateway, I can ping anywhere. I assume the above is maybe because I am not runni...

sross35 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

is there any way i can fix the problem with my fa0/1. show int command tells me that the interface is up and line protocol is down. any suggestions as to the cause of the problem.

Hi,The problem is regarding virus infected machine in network. The machine is not in city, is in distant region. We have IP address, Mac-address for the machine. Even could find out which machine it is, and able to disconnected it from the network fo...

kanupriya by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have 2x2503 routers at home which I want to connect back to back using an ethernet cat5 crossover. I was wondering which port on the router is used for the ethernet, the show interface command states there being 1 ethernet interface on each rout...

charlesdu by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes