Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am replacing a old 3750 with a new 3850, I have several SFP's of different variety in the old 3750.  How can I verify that these SFP's will work in my new switch BEFORE I do the replacement?  

Hi, I haven't installed any license on router, switch, and fw before and always wanted to know the steps to install it... Would you please provide me how to install the license from A to Z? How can I get the license first of all? Thank you in adv...

ohforce55 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! PTP on Cat9300

Hello:The datasheet indicates that PTP is supported on the Cat9300Precision Time Protocol (PTP; IEEE 1588v2) provides accurate clock synchronization with sub-microsecond accuracy making it suitable for distribution and synchronization of time and fr...

We have this error in a couple 4948E switch (running on 12.2) logs, and wondering what the problem and solution might be.  The fiber link has no problems with traffic etc.  From reading what little articles are available, some people fixed with repla...

kingfitz by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have two Nexus switches in a lab environment with a vPC configured, the down stream is connected to another switch (vPC) and the up stream is connected to firewalls working in active-standby mode with OSPF configured with vPC peer switches.Th...

topology.PNG

Hi everyone, I have single 6506 chassis with two supervisor engineers (WS-X6K-SUP2-2GE ). Post power shutdown one of  the engine is not appearing in inventory.Below is the console output CoreSwitch> (enable) session 15Module 15 is not installed.CoreS...

I've got a strange behavior on a c3850. We use VLAN 381 as transfer vlan. After the changing the core switches, this vlan doesn't work any more. The output of "sh int trunk":Port Mode Encapsulation Status Native vlan Gi1/0/...

Hi All,We are getting a alert for access point Radio Core Dump. Not sure what exactly it is.Upon checking AP remains up and stable. Uptime is high .(Checked in Prime and WLC)Can someone please explain why we are seeing this alert frequently.Any troub...

Hello guys. I am working on a switch migration from an old ZTE distribution to new Cisco C9500 switch and since my existing core switch is Cisco switch (which is stack wised), I wanted to connect the new distribution switch and the VSL core switches...