Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,I have enabled dhcp snooping on a WS-C2960-24TC-L running c2960-lanbasek9-mz.122-50.SE5.bin.A device with static IP is connected to this switch, so I created a manual entry in the dhcp snooping database with the command:ip source binding 0080.A...

Hello! I have a WS-C2960X-48LPS-L and some of Panasonic VoIP phones (which are same model, same software, Class1 of PoE). Everything is okay, except there is no PoE on some switch ports.   What i have:1. An IP phone directly connected to the switch v...

sharlino by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear Expertsi would like to know that if i use GLC-ZX-SMD in lab purpose environment connecting switches within 3 mtrs SM patch cords , they will get damaged it is mandatory for them to have a long distance. Thanks

adamgibs7 by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi team,IN our network we have to change the mtu size due to GRE overhead ( 12 bytes ). For that i have come with 2 commands  Do i need to enter both commands or one if enough ?  Current IP MTU(1500) = IP Header ( 20 ) + TCP header ( 20 ) + MSS ( 14...

jonk34567 by Level 4
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

So I have computer with an IP address of 10.92.110.5, this computer sits on VLAN 110. I added this VLAN in all the switches, from default gateway switch to the switch closest to the computer (110.5) itself. I have ADMIN 1(192.168.2.5) which is consid...

TRAFFIC.PNG
_Chris_ by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everyone, I've seen the different features that the switch uses to learn mac addresses. Specifically, it dynamically learns them and when a device is disconnected from that port it is lost after a certain time. If instead I configure sticky secure...

We want to test two different ISP. I have two firewalls each with a different network (of course), but only one layer 3 switch. Is it possible to make one interface on the switch go to one firewall and another interface on the same switch to go to th...

Good day all, Just thought I post this discussion to help somebody that may run into this issue in future.  This is how I resolved this problem,  may or may not apply to all but worth a shot.   I have a Cisco 2951 ISR  running Zone Based Firewall.  I...