Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,We intend to use MACL to filter inbound traffic on SVI interfaces,my question is where would the mac-addresses for the MACL be stored? i hope not in the configuration because we have a large pool of mac addresses to use. Scenario: We use a GPO...

With Port security enabled, interface comes up, but cannot see a MAC on the interface, IP phones or systems don't get an IP address. May 29 07:18:57: %PARSER-5-CFGLOG_LOGGEDCMD: User:admin logged command:logging buffered 20480May 29 07:21:56: %PARSER...

raj-toor by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everyone, I've been scratching my head with this issue, thus reaching out for help.  I have a 3560G running 2.2(58)SE2 and I want to configure dot1x.  Here is the config:  aaa new-modelaaa group server radius myradiusaaa group server tacacs+ mytac...

I am having trouble working out which 10gb modules will fit in a VS-S720-10G, we do have GBICs in them, but I am not in a position to validate what they are. All I can get from the switch is they are 10Gbase-SR. I need to use the spare TE ports to co...

Hi All, Is there any need to run BFD when using dark fibre between two L3 switches? I have customer that wants to set this up but I would have the thought that the inherent capabilities of the switch to quickly detect a link failure, notify the IGP (...

dm2020 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can the bootflash memory on a 3172PQ be increased? Our company has the model that has 2 gig bootflash. We are patching from 7.0 to 9.3 and t here is not enough space to store the 9.3 IOS for the upgrade.  I am familiar with# copy scp :source image na...

jpitts by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,after some time of inactivity today I turned on my cisco 3750 24-TS and it has some problems.do you think it is an hardware problem ?any hints ?log follows POST: PortASIC RingLoopback Tests : BeginPOST: PortASIC RingLoopback Tests : End, Status...

As you all know, the ports in the 3550s comes with DTP enabled. I have gone through the messages posted in this group in last Nov. 23rd. The recommended solution to configure the port to "switchport nonegotiate" didn't work. I do get the message "Com...

samisalim by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there,Thanks for reading!I'm having trouble finding shelf kits for our last 9410 inventory.  I've found several unrelated 4510 kits.  Can I use a 4510 kit to rack mount a 9410? Thanks again!Bob 

Bob Greer by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi dear, When configuring a port-channel L2L using different providers, is there any way to check the interface connectivity? For example, we have two L2L links and each one is using transceivers to convert fiber to UTP on both Links. The problem is ...