cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a few external clients that need to access the internal file servers and want to use the Cisco VPN to accomplish this. I'm somewhat of a newbie and was hoping there was a detailed tutorial out there to get this setup or some other information...

rniemeyer by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have the folowing issue:We have a wireless network, where you get initial DHCP and DNS that won’t let u go anywhere but to the download page to get the VPN client.New Toshibas.Ghost it with new Win XP imageWork perfect everywhere on campus, but at ...

mlew by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I had looked at Cisco remote access solutions with the 7120 running PPTP and the 3003 about 4 years ago. Then the cisco client didn't receive group policies, etc and couldn't do anything with AD. This created problems in that remote laptops didn't ...

Hi,Is there anyone who can help me? I have a problem connecting with a vpn client 4.0.3 to a 3005 concentrator. Every time I try to connect the client stops with the: Remote peer no longer responding message. When I look in the event log of the conce...

ccs by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Anyone running the above linux vpn client on a 2.4 kernel , when running via this cli I get the following below error message:./vpnclient connect sample.pcf user test pwd testInitializing the VPN connection.Secure VPN Connection terminated locally by...

Folks, In addition this command i have an access-list applied to the outbound interface inbound which permits icmp, ssh. When i VPN to the Pix, the tunnel is established, but, i can not sent traffic across the network behind the Pix. I see the p...

I am running a VPN 3015 connectrator with software rev. 4.0.3. All of our clients are running 4.0.3.A and all high speed connections (Dsl, cable) are having no problems. However dial-up ISP users are having random issues. In the most part dial-up ...

pshelfo1 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a pix with vpn. I can get connections but when one client connects I see no traffic flow on the pix with the "show crypto ipsec sa" command. At the client site they are using nat overload.Should that matter? They do not have a fire wall and no...

k.neal by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Previously, on client 3.X, Certificate Manager was separated from VPN Dialer.Then, by removing Cert Manager program, it was possible to disallow certificate moving from a PC to another one, if this function is reserved to admins.But in 4.0.X, all is ...

falain by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi.I am trying to raise a VPN between a Network Contivity appliance and Cisco PIX Firewall with digital certificates and not with preshared key, but the VPN does not rise. We have followed the steps for the configuration of VPN with digital certifica...

ramiro by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I would like to hear a suggestion about implementation of VPNC into network with PIX and RAS for connecting Internet and RAS users over IPSEC which terminating on VPNC.We are having PIX with outside connection to Internet and RAS router on one ...

mtrcek by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Folks, We want to implement network level security within our Lan environment. I have been looking at different technologies Cisco has to offer. here are my thoughts. What i am looking for is security at the network level, that means when a us...

Hi All,When I study the documents for IPv6 security, The documents said that the IPSec for IPv6 is implemented through OSPFv6. But that just for OSPFv6 neighbor authentication, not for the data in IPv6 packet. Does anybody have idea?Thank You!Best Re...

teru-lei by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Thought I would share an experience with everyone...All laptops on the network have the Cisco VPN client installed, as most take their laptops on the road or home when they leave at night.One thing I've noticed when performing vulnerability assessmen...

bfl1 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm implementing VPN network between routers for one customer (hub-sopke configuration). He wants to have preshared keys which are automatically generated. What that really means??I searched the Cisco web, and only find that this is mentioned in docu...

m.mojas by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes