Wireless

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Labels

Forum Posts

Hi everybody:I want to use PEAP in my wireless network; I understand that I need a digital certificate to my server that is in a CS ACS 3.2 with radius for the first phase and establish teh secure tunnel. My question is, can I use the same CS ACS to ...

I have a new WLSE appliance and while setting up WDS, the 3 AP's I have on my segment stopped working.I have my AP's on the 192.168.1.X network and the WLSE is on the 10.1.1.X network. I know you cannot route WLCCP packets from AP to AP, but from wh...

d.beaver by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi:I submit that wireless routers only route IP and specifically do not route Appletalk. Appletalk support in wireless routers amounts to proper bridging between the 802.3 port used exclusively for inside wired connectivity and the 802.11 port used e...

crhyde by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 6 AP's with G radios and would like to maximize # of users due to density issues. I configured 2 SSID's with 3 different channels on 3 AP's (1,6,11). (2 sets of these for 6 total).Using indoor wall patch antennas.Right now I am using DHCP to a...

ccsi100 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

After upgrading ap1200b point to AP1200-Cisco-IOS-Upgrade-Image-v3.img then to c1200-k9w7-tar.122-15.XR2.tar I set 2 vlans with static wep. The virtual dot11radio0 interface is down and an error occured during reset. I have rebooted, and the same. Wh...

james_d by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey Wifi Guru's-I have a question about setting up WDS.In the latest code rev 12(15)JA, you can set the Access Points to do "Specified Discovery" this allows you to use a WDS anywhere on the network, no matter if it is in your subnet or not. Here is ...

dewman03 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi AllIam working with an ISP in Indiawe have Good corporate Leased Lines as well as Dial-up Connection Serving with one DS3 connectionNow i would like to start the Wi-Fi Internet cells in the area of 10KM Radius, in the City,Creating number of cells...

hari_bhr by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HI Everyone !!I need to cover a wide-area with only one Access Point (Aironet1200) but I'm not sure if I can use an Outdoor Omnidirectional Antenna (Air-Ant2506) with Access Point because Cisco reccomended to use with Bridge. Could you help me ??Than...

netwhere by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, I have a customer that wants to install the BBSM at their site so that they can sell wireless broadband. The question I have is about the billing portion. They want to make it so that the person can input a credit card and buy access. The ...

joneschw1 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to set up a 1310 bridge link, and currently have the devices set up in my office. I have not recieved the external dish antennas, so I am trying to use some 2.2 dB dipoles just to get them configured. The problem I am having is that the...

hi!customer has configured 2 vlan's on his access point (vlan 1 = native and on other: vlan 9), each vlan has been assigned different SSID and WEP key's.laptop users can associate to both vlan's depending on which SSID and correct WEP key they use. ...

dzuodar by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have an AIRONET 1200 Accesspoint with 802.11 a,b,g (2 external Antennas for 802.11g) and 2 Clients. One Client with 802.11a,b,g and the other one with 802.11b. The scope with 802.11a is very bad, only one door or wall is enough to disturb the conne...

We're just beginning to test wireless and wanted to use MS-PEAP as the authentication method. Unfortunately we found that when we enabled PEAP on the adapter (Centrino on IBM laptop w/ WinXP SP1) we got the dreaded Blue Screen of Death. It blue scree...

Can an 1100 AP support trunking? Here is what I want to do.The switchport is configured for a specific vlan so everything in the wireless cloud is on that vlan currently (LEAP/WEP). I want to setup a seperate open Guest SSID vlan and put it in the sa...

sjamison by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card