Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Agent reskilling tool

Hi,

I am facing error while saving changes on agent re-skilling tool. I am able to open the web interface (https://ServerIPAddress/reskill) and can do changes as well. But below is the error that i got:

Unable to establish database connection for update operations. Make sure the Central Controller and Administration & WebView Reporting machines (Router, Logger and Distributor processes) are configured and running properly. If you have recently performed an upgrade, make sure configuration changes are turned back on in the Router registries. (Check the logs for more information. Logs are located on this Administration & WebView Reporting machine under /icm/tomcat/logs and /icm/tomcat/webapps/uiroot/WEB-INF/logs.)

Please advice.

Thanks in advance

Georges

17 Replies 17

Hello,

Just a question , do you have any problem with doing a reskil using the AW configuration manager or this is just tied to the reskil web interface?

Amer

Hi Amer,

no, i dont have any issue to reskill an agent via AW configuration-manager.

thank you

Georges

Hi

I also got the same error & it is solved after the restart of Apache Tomact service from windows Services.

Regards

Kris Lambrechts
Level 1
Level 1

Couple of things to check :

• Have a look through the Tomcat logs that it suggests just after you attempt a re-skill, you'll likely see a failure to conects to the ConAPI port of 2099;
  • Make sure your ConAPI and CMS_JServer process are running on this ADS, if not you need to enable them through Web Setup;
  • If they are running, one of the Windows is likely to say something along the lines of 'IPCCAdminClient down', if so, open CMS Control and make sure that you have an entry that is letter-for-letter identical to this one, also make sure you have no other entries that also use port 2099 !

Cheers,

Kris

thanks  but my issue was solved after restarting Apache server services , Router rtsvr & logger replication serivces now it is working fine .

Regards

Irfan Tariq

Hi Irfan,

I mean need to Restart Apache Server Services from AW server only? or from Router and Logger as well?

in my case getting the bellow error log.

08/12/2013 11:13:58.135 ERROR ERROR IPCCAdminErrors.501 CMD_EXEC_FAILED com.cisco.ics.ipcc.config.commands.GetDeployedIVRCmdHdlr toCmdExecException "UIServlet_423 : start=1376277227730SID=4eq9ebcpsv SD = null req = ipccAdmin.reskill.saveAgent" "com.cisco.ics.ipcc.config.IPCCAdminCmdExecException: Query operation failed." - Error executing command: com.cisco.ics.ipcc.config.IPCCAdminCmdExecException: Query operation failed.

Regards,

Fakhrul Islam

Oleh Doroshenko
Level 1
Level 1

Has the same pronlem. Logs shows the error:

DB_QUERY_CONNECT_FAILED com.cisco.ics.ipcc.config.DbClient$ConnectionThread ConnectThread:

run Thread-8 "com.cisco.ics.ipcc.config.db.DBXQueryConnectionException:

Cannot open database #test_awdb# requested by the login. The login failed." - Failed to connect to databases for query operations:

com.cisco.ics.ipcc.config.db.

By which account re-skilling tool connects to database for changes?

Anyone found a solution? New installation on UCCE 9.0(4) here, same errors as Mohammed and Oleg.

Tried to restart the services, and checked the configuration as per Kris, no luck

Yes. TAC fixed my issue by following:

1) Go to AW server:

2) backup conapi.jar in C:\icm\tomcat\webapps\uiroot\WEB-INF\lib

3) Copy conapi.jar file  from C:\icm\bin to C:\icm\tomcat\webapps\uiroot\WEB-INF\lib

4) restart AW server

5) repeat for all AWs

Thank you very much Oleg.. worked perfectly

Thanks CSCO11872397  Great article

This works for me 3 years later (2016). Thanks!

Step 4 can be just restart the Tomcat Service

Yes. TAC fixed my issue by following:

1) Go to AW server:

2) backup conapi.jar in C:\icm\tomcat\webapps\uiroot\WEB-INF\lib

3) Copy conapi.jar file  from C:\icm\bin to C:\icm\tomcat\webapps\uiroot\WEB-INF\lib

4) restart AW server

5) repeat for all AWs

imran.qasim
Level 1
Level 1

I am facing same issue. Any workaround to fix it?

Did you read through the entire thread? A lot of good stuff in this one.

david