Views
Helpful
Replies

Reporting value of UCCE User Variable

bruce.finney
Level 1
Level 1

All,

Using SQL, where can I find the current value of an ICM User Variable?  I use these for many things including open hours in admin scripts and when special helpdesk messages are ative.  I've been reading the database schema document and it's telling me to look in the t_Persistent_Variable table and yet it is blank.

Thanks in advance for the help

UCCE version 8.5

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can enable the replication of this Persistent Variable table to the HDS by modifying the appropriate flag in the Distributor registry hive.

ICM//Distributor/RealTimeDistributor/Logger/HistoricalData/Persistent/Variable

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Look at the terminiation call variable table.  Make sure your user variable is set to persitent.

david

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

This query could be helpful, depending on the size of your contact center. This can only be ran against the logger; the aw and hds databases do not hold data within the persistent variable table. 

SELECT uv.ObjectType, pv.ValueInt, uv.VariableName, pv.ValueChar
FROM Persistent_Variable pv, User_Variable uv
WHERE pv.UserVariableID = uv.UserVariableID
ORDER BY uv.VariableName DESC

The other option you have is using rttest. You can log into your Call Router and run this via command prompt, as an example.

C:\>rttest /system /cust

rttest: expr ..

rttest doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1001/products_tech_note09186a00800ac69b.shtml

You can enable the replication of this Persistent Variable table to the HDS by modifying the appropriate flag in the Distributor registry hive.

ICM//Distributor/RealTimeDistributor/Logger/HistoricalData/Persistent/Variable

Also, I seem to remember there being an issue with 8.x systems where the necessary flag on the Logger is disabled with the install/upgrade. That registry flag on the logger is located at...

ICM//LoggerA/Logger/CurrentVersion/HistoricalData/Persistent/Variable

Please advice if above registry key should be set to 1 on both loggers.
I am having a trouble where some of the user variables are missing from Side A logger which are visible in side B logger.  How do I synchronize both sides.
Our organization has recently upgraded my UCCE system from 8.0 to 10.0

Yes, Logger A and Logger B should have the value of the Variable key set to 1

thanks Omar.

I hope above changes will not have any impact to any live services.  Do i have to restart / reboot any services on loggers ?

Thanks.

Hi Piyush,

I did have the same questions, but now I just found out that these registry changes (both for the Distributor and Loggers) will be activated immediately (at least for our 9.0 platform), no need for a restart.

From that moment every SET node configured and executed by a script containing these SET nodes, will store these values in the DB tables (no auto dump from router memory to these tables).

bruce.finney
Level 1
Level 1

jpsweeney77 way to be!  I know it's been a year and a half but I just got around to looking at your post.  Works like a charm on 8 as well with not restart needed.  Now I've got a CUIC report showing my helpdesk group the active oncall afterhours number in a dashboard view.  Alas, they will probably never use it but man does this open up possibilities for me.  Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: