IPv6

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Forum Posts

I'm looking for Cisco switches that support IPv6 layer 2 security. The following features are required:MLDv2 snooping [RFC4541]DHCPv6 snooping [RFC3315] DHCPv6 messages must be blocked between subscribers and the network so that false DHCPv6 servers ...

In the Cisco 3750 Command Reference Guide 12.2(55)SE, link below, you can read this under the IPv6 ACL Limitations section:The switch supports most Cisco IOS-supported IPv6 ACLs with some exceptions:• IPv6 source and destination addresses—ACL matchin...

I preface this by saying, I am new to IPv6.  I am testing IPv6 configuration between two routers (Cisco 7204VXR), in one configuration I attempted to use the following configuration:ipv6 unicast-routingR1 - FE0/0 - ipv6 address 2001:aaaa:bbbb::1/64R2...

Hi,I am working on my first project to place IPv6 users on IPv4 Internet. I see 2 challenges :- NAT 6to4 with IPv4 interface address (overload)- DNS6 request (DNS ALG, it seems to be only in the book and nowhere else...)How can I fix those 2 items ?T...

Hello,We are testing in our IPv6 lab and ran across an issue with deny any any added to the bottom of an IPv6 access-list.  Even though deny any any is implicit at the bottom of an ACL we usually include it the bottom anyway.  When we did this with a...

Hi,I have a new 881 router loaded with the latest 15.1.3T software, and I'm trying to get it connected to the Comcast 6RD IPv6 routers.  (I'm on a Comcast cable modem.)I've been trying to follow the directions from these links:http://docwiki.cisco.co...

glgersc by Level 1
  • 22 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Have been banging my head against a wall after somehow losing the ability for prefix delegation after moving from an 877 -> 887."ipv6 dhcp" no longer works but documentation for the feature at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/ipv6/configuration/gu...

Hi all, i'm trying to get online with IPv6 with my Cisco 886. But i failed.  Perhaps you have any hints for me. My Config: interface Dialer0 description *** IPv6 *** no ip address ip flow ingress ip virtual-reassembly in encapsulation ppp load-int...

Harald S by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Configuring 6PE

Hi, I am running a test scenario as described below to bring up 6PE, connecting 2 IPV6 islands over a MPLS core.All routers run the same IOS (Dynamips)PE1#sh verCisco IOS Software, 7200 Software (C7200-SPSERVICESK9-M), Version 15.0(1)M, RELEASE SOFTW...

gneslim by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Regarding the selection of interface IDs for IPv6 I came across these rules the other day while reading a forum (HE.net or ipv6.ops list):1.  Do not use all 0s. (interferes with Router Anycast)2.  Do not use all 0s with one character at the end (inte...

jkirby by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a design I'm working on which will require among other things dual stack across MPLS. Configuring CE routers for dual stack seems very straight forward, however I'm having trouble finding documentation describing the BGP config for multihoming...

Hello. I work for a small co-lo/hosting provider trying to be live for World IPv6 day. As such I have questions about BGP transitions and ASA support. I'll not ask them all at once though. I plan to implement dual-stack for our hosting edge. Our ASA...

jkirby by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes