IPv6

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Forum Posts

I don't quite understand the way IPv6 RS and RA works. I know that Neighbor Discovery Protocol (ND) is the replacement in the IPv6 world for ARP, I just don't understand how it works. So from what I understand, when you enable ipv6 on an interface, i...

I have assigned three addresses on a loopback interface I want to use for management purposes (ie "logging source-interface Lo 0").  I have assigned a "primary" routable address from the 2604:: space, a backup address from 2001:: and a unique local a...

twgraham by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

For HSRP and IPv6, I'm toying with the idea of using the same link local on all segments along with static Globals.FE80::1 HSRPFE80::2 First routerFE80::3 Second router2001:db8::1/64 HSRP2001:db8::2/64 First Router2001:db8::3/64 Second RouterOn my 45...

For those of you that allow your router transits to use eui-64, how to you keep track of the IPs in DNS for reverse resolution?And how do you track needed changes to DNS after an RMA that will cause the eui-64'd interface IPs to change?

We've found that we have to set static link local IPs when two routers might peer over multiple VLAN interfaces.The issue is that the routers, 6500s with sup720s, utilize the same autoconfig'd link local address on each VLAN interface.   EIGRP IPv6 r...

I'm thinking about our transition from IPv4 to IPv6.  Today, we have an IPv4 IPSEC tunnel to each of our customer sites (now over 300 locations).  We have carved a 32-address subnet (a /27) out of the IPv4 10.*.*.* private space for each customer.  E...

I am investigating mechanisms to allow the  migration of an IPv4/MPLS network, carrying VPNs, to use IPv6. I have a core of P routers,  running IOS 12.4, connecting to PE routers, also running 12.4. I am  using OSPF as the IGP, with iBGP in the core....

Jim Blake by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I'm trying to implement ipv6 dhcp relay agent using ISR 1841 as the relay agent.both client and server are ISC's implementation.The problem i'm facing is that eventough the DHCP Server sends the prefix delegation option to the client the ISR 1841 ...

Hi,We want to enable the 6PE feature in the 7609 router.But we couldn’t configure send-label command under [address-family ipv6]. We are using ios version s222-advipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF12a.bin. Does this version supports the above feature? if...

Hi!I've encountered a problem trying to configure something like this in a Sup720 with IOS 12.2(33)SXI2a:router(config-if)#ipv6 address 2001:DB8:CAFE:CAFE::1/56router(config-if)#ipv6 nd prefix 2001:DB8:CAFE:CAFE::/64so the idea is to have a routed /5...

laloperez by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I know that this isn't a Cisco specific question, but I'm curious as to how I would go about reserving a block of IPv6 addresses for my company.  I have seen some people suggest on other forums that we're supposed to use the ISP supplied addresses.  ...

nmoore1978 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear all,   Recenetly, I get involved the implmentation IPv6 Cisco Netwflow collector utility to capture the ipv6 netflow data from Cisco 6509E-VSS (Cisco IOS Software, s72033_rp Software (s72033_rp-IPSERVICESK9_WAN-M), Version 12.2(33)SXI5, RELEASE ...

Dear All,We made a small test environment to test the IPv6 VPN'S over IPv4 MPLS Backbone, we deploy the 6PE Solution, we did successfully testing.The Hardware used in this POC, are as under:1- Cisco 7606 Routers --> as a PE --> ES20 Module --> GigEth...

atifirfan by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes