Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

Question on VMS 2.3 in the SEC MON(sensor is a IDSM2) events I have notice that on one of my sensors the following Alert Detail: Traffic Source int0(other details show int7 as my source):, is this the TCPRESET port? if so I do not have that SIG set t...

jlwomeld by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 4215 that I have setup inline. In addition, I have given it the ability to use a PIX to block hosts. When the sensor tries to login to the PIX, it triggers the "multiple rapid ssh connections" signature and adds the sensors IP address to t...

mlowery by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, We recently set up a PIX (with Passive FTP mode enabled) which allow1) Outgoing from Internal to External for http,https, dns,ftp, smtp2) Incoming from External to Internal forsmtp, ftp , dns and POP3. We host a mail serverand ftp server for pub...

Resolved! VPN load balance

1, ConfigurationTwo VPN concentrator 3000, VPN client 4.0. The concentrators directed connect to Internet and internal LAN.2, Questiona)Do the two concentrators have to be configured exactly the same (rules, filters) prior to enable load balance clus...

jeffliu by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All,Pls find attached diagram and PIX 102 and PIX 105 configuration.Network 192.168.105.x, 192.168.102.x can communicate to outside and from outside we can access 192.168.102.x with certain ports open.192.168.105.1is on higher security interface...

Hi,We hv a PIX 515E- firewall setup in active/failover mode.Pls refer attached diagram.We hv to use the proxy server which is placed in DMZ as gateway for Inside users browsing.In other words all the internal users will be pointing to the DMZ proxy s...

fmatrine by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have Security Monitor 2.1.0 (Build 123) in a CW VMS 2.3. It collect events from some IOS IPS. The IOS IPS have the correct time. The events generated in the device has the correct time (I can see it with "show log" command). In the device, with "sh...

The 'idsmdc.log' & 'idsmdc.db' file under %NMSROOT%\MDC\Sybase\IDS folder has grown to 10GB & 6 GB respectively. I'm using VMS2.2 on Win2K Machine. What are these files, and how do I prune these files? Is there a perl script available to prune these ...

ajay_dand by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to connect to a On-line Game through PIX. But the connection is never successful. After I bypass the PIX, and connect to the Game Server. The connection is OK, and I can play the game. The PIX OS is 7.0.2. And I have uploaded two Sniffer ...

zywvip by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a classic EZVPN setup with a VPN3020 as the server and about 20 or so 831 clients. My problem is that you can't issue the qos pre-classify command under an EZVPN profile. In this case how would I prioritize traffic witin the EZVPN tunnel?

jmarshall by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello.I have Pix 506e firewall (ver. 6.3)iside ip - 0.0.1.1outside ip - 0.0.0.1So, I have proxy server with ip - 0.0.1.12And I want to configure my Pix to redirect all www traffic from my internal network (0.0.1.0) to proxy (0.0.1.12) port 8080.Can...

stroyburg by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am configring the Pix for the first time & i am bit confused with Nat & Pat I want to use pat in my n/w & I have webserver which i want to allow from out side ,Can any one suggest how do i achive this configuration & Any documents on Pix & Nat w...