Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Free

Labels

Forum Posts

I'm having a hard time finding information on whether or not the PIX 515 does IPS. The product documentation states that it "Integrates with Cisco Network Intrusion Prevention System". Does this mean that it comes with the signatures or does you ha...

yrichard by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, We have a little problem with using alias command. The DNS packet come back with udp error after we apply alias. Although I checked that the packet IP has been changed to what we want. The most wonderful stuff is some of the domain name work...

I have to migrate a Firewall concept from Checkpoint platform to Cisco PIX or FWSM platform.There are some rules for FTP -> only ftp-get implemented today.How can i handle this FTP-GET restriction on PIX or FWSM accesslists ?I only found accesslist c...

Folks, I have a VMS server and i would like to RDP into in. But, please because of strict default policy i am unable to do it, could sometime guide me as to how to open up rule for me to RDP into it. Thanks,

In CLI mode version 5.x, we run "packet capture" command to capture xx packets of an x.x.x.x IP address. Logon to service, searching thought directories but could not find the file that packet capture created. Please advise file name and directory t...

Installed 12.3.14T2 (advanced security) on 2811 router with new VMS update to the IDS Management Center (2.1) to support IOS IPS SDEE event monitoring. When I configure a specific signature, there is no option to shun. Only alert, block or reset. Whe...

Hi everyone,There is an inherited limitation on the number of span ports on the Cisco switches. this limit is 2 local span port and 64 rspan.There is a work around to expand that using Virtual Span to increase the numbre of desination port.In my setu...

ayman by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

any help is greatly appreciated. i have 2 pix 535 firewalls. neither have been configured yet. one has a UR license the other a FO license. both came with the 6.3(4) code. i would like to upgrade them to the 7.0 code. can i upgrade each seperat...

ahensel by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 4215 IPS patched to 5.01 ( will be 5.5 today) latest sig level that will not import into the IPS MC ( mc ver is 2.1 patched to 5.5 latest as of last night) import fails and I get the message in the audit log "error importing configuration ...

jplacer by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a pair of PIX 525 that were doing failover with v6.3.2 code, but today I've upgraded to v7.02.The failover interface are up and I can ping the failover ip addresses but the 2 won't communicate. One is a PIX 525 UR and the other is a PIX 525 FO...

Hello,We have a problem regarding signature 6066. We got immens numbers of false-positives. The description of that signature tells:This signature fires upon detecting an excessively large number of DNS TXT record lookups originating from a single so...

m.rainer by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card