Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a 515 running 6.3(1) DMV 3.0(1)Every once in awhile one of our subnets will not be able to access the web. We can ping and resolve DNS fine. However when you open a web browser it can't resolve the page. This leads me to believe we may have Ha...

Hi, I need to know if it is possible to setup a PIX firewall to act like an ICMP proxy for all internal hosts. ICMP request from Internet cloud should not reach the actual server. PIX firewall should send the ICMP reply to requesting host on the inte...

sreddy by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a 40 PC office with 4 switches. We are planning to go to a T1 connection to the internet.My questions are as follows:1) If we use a PIX 515 firewall, do we still need a router to hook to the T1 or can the T1 come to the firewall direct?2) We...

matAnsari by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi ...I'am having a problem on getting vlan failover to work on two Cisco PIX ....Anyone know a solution to this problem ..---------------pix primary----------------interface ethernet0 100fullinterface ethernet1 autointerface ethernet2 100fullinterfa...

I have started to clean up issues with a new network. I am trying to discover the reasons for the attached error messages on my PIX. I am thinking this is a spoofed address on the LAN but am not sure how to go about searching for it. 106021: Deny tcp...

bberry by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Ok, my PIX firewall was sending logs to my Kiwi logger, then just up one day, stopped. I hacew tried rebooting the firewall and clearing the log settings. I have also tried setting up Kiwi on another machine and sending to it. I turned off logging...

ChuckDLC by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have installed IDS 4235 and PIX 535 (Active-Active) mode.I have configured blocking on the IDS and have enable shunHost for FTP authorisation attack.It works fine except for even if the the timer of shun expires which I have set from IDM (to 5 m...

Hello,How can i add acess-list to vpn client that connect to the PIx VPN.I tried to use :access-list outacl deny tcp 10.1.198.1 10.1.32.1but it seems not working(10.1.198.0-10.1.198.254 is the vpnpool)Thanks

e-mourad by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everyone,I am using Kiwi Syslog Deamon to keep PIX logs. I am looking for some kind of program, able to filter these logs according to a certain IP address or some other keyword I type in. I do not need a complete log analyzer. Something light wo...

Could someone explain me how can I configure interfaces on PIX firewalls. I mean number of interfaces. For example PIX 525...I populate this device with one 4 Eth. card plus 2 interfaces on board. And I see with command sh ver that max.physical inerf...

johnleeee by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi,i just love cisco technologi, but someone told me that netscreen firewalls are much better then pix firewall, because they have deep inspection and support for gprs protocols.is it true?thanks.