Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

Enabling our customers to leverage their install base and take them to the next level with Cisco Secure Firewall Threat Defense has always been a key priority.  The migration tool is available for download to migrate the configuration on the on-premi...

gopaks by Cisco Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 4 Helpful votes

We have a site to site vpn running an ipsec tunnel with 3des encryption and a 155Mbps ATM link between the two (bridged with 3620 routers). The throughput and response times between the two sites is less than expected with intermittant periods of del...

edavies by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I hvae a PIX 525, config as follows:no snmp-server locationno snmp-server contactsnmp-server community publicsnmp-server host dmz 192.192.192.10( my collecting server in DMZ zone,ip address is 192.192.192.10)no snmp-server enable trapsOID£º1.3.6.1.4....

wangbing by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We just bought the second concentrator 3000 and open up second ISP. I want to configurate the second to be the backup if first ISP fail all connect will be connected to the second concentrator. But my problem is not on vpn client, the problem is on h...

ocwa by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I was wondering if anyone could provide me with some inforamtion relevant to comparing router acls with pix acls.If I am splitting two internal private networks/subnets, and I want to protect them with ACL's, should I use a firewall with ACL's to do ...

ccaron by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I must set up this pix to replace another that is broken down. It worked like a failover, and I would like to know if this pix has the right license to do it.Many thanks inadvancepix# sh verCisco PIX Firewall Version 6.2(2)Cisco PIX Device Manage...

pgasol by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am upgrading a failover set, two 535s from 6.1(4) to 6.3.3. My Secondary is licensed to run in failover secondary mode only. I concerned that if I take both devices down and disconnect the failover links the Secondary will become a toaster when i...

admin_2 by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

OK here is a scenario I am having trouble with. My desktop server was connected to our old Pix firewall and I was able to VPN into it. Since then we moved the desktop Server to the new PIX and changed the main gatewya to the New Pix and also had the...

admin_2 by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have several VPN 3.6 installed at clients with Windows XP (behind a DLink 804V), and they connect to a Cisco firewall PIX 501.After a short time (10-30 minutes) the connection terminates without any errormessages. (It can't be inactivity).Where ca...

admin_2 by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Serial2/1 is up, line protocol is down Hardware is M4T Internet address is 10.0.0.1/30 MTU 1500 bytes, BW 1544 Kbit, DLY 20000 usec, reliability 128/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255 Encapsulation HDLC, crc 16, loopback not set Keepalive set (...

tnpramesh by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a 3005 Concentrator that I can not http to it anymore; I checked and I'm allowing http to be able to manage the concentrator through the outside interface, I was able to manage it before and suddenly I can not. I checked under managed proto...

u.naranjo by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

a few months ago, i found documents on how to step by step make a pix, in my case a 515, connect over a tunnel to other firewalls from other manufacturers, it had detailed instructions on what to set on the pix and what to do on the other end... anyo...

jparis by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Anyone here a big fan of the show pipe featuresAt the end of show <command>, use the pipe character '|' followed by:begin|include|exclude|grep [-v] <regular_exp>, to filter show output.Very useful if you have large object-groups and only want to list...

hugodrax by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card