Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I have my PIX 515-E up and running fine. My Excahnge server is sending and recieving e-mail through the firewall with no problems.I now want to set up a Event Sink on the server to append a disclaimer to all outgoing e-mails. According to Micros...

r.lent by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

The following is what I get when I look into my PIX's log. I can not figure out what do they mean . The do not conform with PIX messages standar.Can somebody help me?35.168.60/25 gaddr 64.171.89.9/27713 laddr 10.50.6.26/1120 duration 0:00:03 bytes 33...

a.balian by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All,Can we filter Application level traffic coming from ISA server ,going to Internet through PIX firewall ??Layer 3/4 traffic can be controlled using Access-list. Is there any other way to control HTTP tunneling through PIX ???Thanx

haleemk by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

How do I define what DNS servers my PIX will use to lookup hostnames? For example, if I want to ping google.com rather then it's IP address I can type 'ping google.com' and it'll resolve it using DNS.-ee99ee

cmiller by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does anyone knows what would happen if a forged ICMP echo reply packet coming from the Internet to a inside host hit the outside interface of the Pix?.The inside host is static translated on the pix. And an ACL which permits ICMP echo-reply, time-exc...

minoc by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Ladies and Gentlemen, Apparently there is no FIX for this Problem(s). However, If one of you CISCO Ladies or Gentlemen can Figure this out, Please let me know Soonest... Thank You in advance.I have a PIX 5 15 w/failover. On one of my Networks, I h...

rlowe26 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a PIX 6.2 with 6 interfaces and VPN client 3.0. I have configured the firewall to permit a VPN connection using the following confaccess-list 100 permit ip x.x.x.x 255.255.255.0 y.y.y.y 255.255.255.0nat (dmz2) 0 access-list 100sysopt connectio...

jmondaca by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have configurated my pix 515 (ver. 6.22) to logging to my webtrend servereverything seems ok ,the logging level is debuggingbut something wrongall my hosts on inside can not use DNS to reslove DNS (port 53 )name to access the internet , my network ...

mingchieh by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! PIX License Count

I've noticed some odd activity in regards to the user license features with the PIX's. I have two networks connected to each other over VPN. One side is a 515 (unrestricted) the other is a 501 (50 users). I noticed that if I do an ICMP ping scan aga...

dro by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes