Optics and Optical Networking

Engage with peer and Cisco experts about pluggable optics (Optics) and optical transport networks (Optical Networking).
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Learn how to make your network more efficient when you transition to Routed Optical Network.

Forum Posts

Recently we just switch from CES over an ATM backbone to SONET (454s and 327s). We have a requirement for point-to-point T1 circuits. The circuits worked fine over CES and all we did was move the circuits to the SONET. The tail end of the circuit rem...

wgayhart by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a slight problem that I need some help on. We just ordered a GIG E connection from our bldg to our Co-Lo facility. The problem we are having is that when it was ordered by the engineer in charge of the project he thought that he could termin...

bolds04 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Many of my LX fiber connections have been going down recently. When I test the gbic with a light meter I get around -30 to -40 dbm, which is really low. I then replaced them with spares and the link comes back up every time. The new gbic's light le...

joveroc by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

When looking at the monitor jack of a 15216 OADM with an optical spectrum analyzer, I am seeing for lack of a better term, negatives spikes (like a relection) there are two of them. These are between the first wavelength, and the second wavelenght. T...

menzelbob by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelloI have a BLSR that is currently using mostly OC48 ELR 1557.36 cards. I am currently only using point to point fiber links, but may be adding DWDM in some parts. I am trying to find out if my cards are 100 or 200 Ghz spacing models. All of the...

webman by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Sir,try to use DWDM to extend IP network.is it possible using Catalyst 6500 DWDM GBIC to connect to Lucent Wavestar OLS 400G DWDM ?have any limitation or document for this event ?Please kindly help to suggest.thank you.Jason

jasonlin by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes